GB-46 1:48 Il-2m3 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What scale is the shelving, and any aftermarket stuff ............... I know - coat's on, an I'm on my way !

1:1 shelving. New Plywood and bits from my scrap pile for edging.

Managed 1.5 hours at the bench tonight. The nose has been assembled and is in traction and the fuselage halves are together with seams levelled with Tamiya primer. This was all done some days ago.

20060501.jpg

This evening, the fuselage seams were smoothed, the horizontal stabs were glued on, the gun rail was installed, and the lower centre section was glued in place. I managed to get the elevator push rod threaded through the maze without having to cut it.

20060502.jpg

There's more detail to add in the gunner's office and I hope to get that done next, perhaps after the nose is stuck on. Thanks for looking.

Thanks guys. I should have done a better job of making sure that the centre section was pushed back as far is it could go as there is a .5mm gap on the underside joint. However, a dry fit check of the nose looks OK so hopefully no issues will be discovered.

Thanks Don. On mare rare foray to the bench, I've been fixing seams using the Tamiya Surface Primer. Nothing really to show I'm afraid.

It's been a couple of weeks but I got a bit done on Friday. Before gluing the wing halves together, AM would have you glue in the spindly machine gun barrels so that they stick out of the upper wing half. To eliminate the inevitable fate of such an arrangement, I will be replacing the barrels with brass tubes installed near the end of the build and so I added a couple of styrene back-stops to which these can be secured.

20062601.jpg

The wing halves have been glued together and are now ready to glue to the fuselage. Lots of things need to go right here.

20062605.jpg

Next update when the wings are on. Thanks for looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back