GB-46 1:72 Ki-46-II (Dinah) - WW2 Eastern Front/ Twin Engined A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Time for an update.

I don't get much time for modelmaking - usually only 1-2 hours on a saturday morning before the kids wake up - so progress is painfully slow to say the least! However, this is where we're at.

Working on the interior PE, plus various 'easier' components in between. The Eduard instructions are not entirely clear unfortunately, and some things are incorrect when compared to photos of the original, so as usual alot more mental effort has gone into this than physical. If it looks as good (and accurate) as I hope though, it will be worth it in the end...(or so I tell myself)

Various components in the photos are yet to be modified and superdetailed (control column, seats, fuel tank/pilot's rear bulkhead, etc), and the instrument panel needs flat coating before (re)applying over the instruments!

STA57007.JPG
STA57008.JPG

Cheers Andy and Geo, though credit to Eduard for the paintwork! IP is however glossy, whereas it appears matt in original photos.

Cheers Karl and Hugh!

Cockpit so far.
Not easy...if anyone knows how to glue such small throttles, etc cleanly (but securely), I'm all ears!

Btw, I have positioned all the levers and throttles as per photos of the cockpit of 2846, tested by the USAAF.
The rudder pedals didn't fit as intended. The resulting mess from the struggle will be cleaned up for a second attempt.

STA57013.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back