GB-46 1:72 Ki-46-II (Dinah) - WW2 Eastern Front/ Twin Engined A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys!

Thanks to a maintainence shutdown at work, I had some extra sessions this week, so made the most of it :)

I reckoned the one-piece interior construction would be a nightmare to mount correctly within the fuselage halves (and it was awkward to handle and detail without damaging anything), so decided to remove the rear cockpit side panels, as I had already done with the front cockpit panels.
They are all now attached to the fuselage sides with a slow drying PVA glue (to allow correction time during attachment). Pics up when dry.

Cheers Wayne!

One step forward, two steps backwards... turns out the PE floor is too wide at both front and rear, so all side panels removed and fuselage sides sanded the hell out of. Learning again the importance of being patient and dry fitting everything first.

Also learnt not to use standard PVA (Polyvinyl-acrylate) on PE parts, as it dosen't hold curved parts, nor handle any flexing. Will 'stick' with the usual liquid Superglue (Cyano-acrylate) and steady hand method I think...

How you work PE in 1/72? My hat is off to you!looking good. ;)

Cheers Kevin! Yeah, not easy, especially with my deteriorating eyesight!

Side panels are on again, but waiting on a book to arrive before making further progress - found a copy of Maru Mechanic #13: 'IJAAF Mitsubishi Ki-46 Dinah Reconnaissance Aircraft' on E-bay, which looks like the answer to my prayers for period photographs of interior and exterior details. It's coming from the States, so could be a while before I get it.

She's here!
The Customs warehouse must be full, normally they sit on US items for a month!

As there is more work to do than time available before the build deadline however, I will concentrate on the GB 47 Spitfire first, then come back to this.

STA57051.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Don, but wouldn't be enough. Modelling time is very limited for me as it is, and there is alot of work left to do on this bird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back