GB-50 and beyond

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If not, horrification from scratch. Happens by accident, maybe it's an enriching experience when done on purpose.:scratch:

Sooooo... I'm really hoping that GB-50 will end up being "In service for 50 years"; and I've tentatively picked a kit of a plane I've always liked. It's 15% off this weekend only. Do I buy it? I have 8 kits that I bought this past year all with the best of intentions to build. But I can save $9!!!! Capt. Vick Capt. Vick is not allowed to goad me into buying it, someone else has to.

Sooooo... I'm really hoping that GB-50 will end up being "In service for 50 years"; and I've tentatively picked a kit of a plane I've always liked. It's 15% off this weekend only. Do I buy it? I have 8 kits that I bought this past year all with the best of intentions to build. But I can save $9!!!! Capt. Vick Capt. Vick is not allowed to goad me into buying it, someone else has to.
Buy, buy, buy, BUY! Hehe HAHAHA HoHOHO, to the funny farm we go........

Folded like fresh laundry...
phantom.jpg

The damaged box was $5 off, but the parts that count are fine.

1942. Many battles happened in 1942 across the globe. It held many turning points in the war. From Midway in the Pacific to North Africa and on to Stalingrad. The Channel Dash etc... The USAAF started building an offensive force and started early bombing runs. It gives everyone a wide selection to choose from Catus Air Force on beyond.

'42 battles would be good.
In the Pacific there certainly was a lot going on!
Including the cleanup of Pearl Harbor!

All,

Before launching the poll for the next bunch of builds, lets agree on a few basic GB parameters:

1) Should GB's remain in the same schedule format (i.e 4 month duration with a 1 month overlap)?
2) Should we do away with split builds and focus on single subjects?
3) Should we stick with a 2 year planning cycle?
4) Other suggestions

Your input is important so let's hear it. Respond 1 y or n, 2 y or n, 3 y or n. Majority of votes for each question will set the tone for the next batch

I vote 1y, 2y, 3y, 4 none.

1 Y; 2 Y; 3 Y; 4 I completely understand this is WWII focused, but I see a lot of non WWII items in recent purchases. If we go with a single subject, a build can be either a campaign or theme. A campaign will be limited to a certain time and place while a theme can be construed as any era. An example of a theme would be any twin engine fighter. This would allow the gadfly segment to participate on a wider scale. I've built planes from Eindecker to F-16.

1.Y
2.Y
3.Y
4.Nope!
I've built the lot as well, rags to bunsen burners.
Limiting to WWII is not a problem, we just jump in when we see an opening.
Although I just couldn't find a taker for my PR-XIX so it turned out to be a good time for it.
I don't have any more 1/48th in a Stash! Just an F-9F-8, FJ-4 and another Helicopter which is a NO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back