GB-54 1:72 DH.89B Dominie - Pacific Theatre (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sounds fantastic! Not sure what I'll have for communications over there so I'll touch base later in the month.

Ok, not much progress, but doing what I can, when I can...

Bit disappointed with my workmanship to be honest, a few things need correcting or improving before I'll be happy with them.

STA57195.JPG
STA57196.JPG

Your pushing ahead nicely and sorting those ejection marks would have been a pain and they look well done. :D

Cheers guys!
The larger ejector pin marks were filled and sanded, while the shallower ones (in the cockpit, for example) were scraped flush with a carving blade and finished with a fibreglass pen.

Despite measuring, some of the rigging holes aren't correctly aligned and need correction. I will take another pic tomorrow against the light to show them better.

Cheers Wayne! Slowly, slowly... modelmaking sessions are very few and far between. Off to Bray (Dublin) tomorrow for an airshow too, so no go this weekend either. The BBMF Lanc will be there! :)

Cheers Wayne! Slowly, slowly... modelmaking sessions are very few and far between. Off to Bray (Dublin) tomorrow for an airshow too, so no go this weekend either. The BBMF Lanc will be there! :)
What an exiting day. Bring us back some pics if you can. :D

Back again!

The Bray Airshow was what I would call a 'half glass' - either half-full or half-empty, depending on how you want to take it.
It was advertised as a 2-day event, the airshow proper being the Sunday, the Saturday for ground events and practice displays. Weather forecast was given for 'a washout', but we hoped for the best - the Lanc was coming!!!
In the event, the saturday was quite windy in Bray, with the odd shower, but overall not bad. Apart from an executive helicopter company running 5 minute flights from a nearby hillside, the only aircraft to practice were the Royal Jordanian Falcons (Flying Extra 330 XLs).
On the big day, the weather was SUPERB in Bray, and we looked forward to seeing the BBMF Flight (the main reason we went!) and the Red Arrows. Neither came. We got to see the Catalina, Mustang, Vampire, The Silver Swallows (IAC aerobatic team), Royal Jordanian Falcons, among others, all good in their own right, but when it was time for the Reds to take-off, the weather in Baldonnell, where they and the BBMF Flight were based, packed in and all further flights cancelled. We were gutted. Especially when we heard the BBMF flight had flown up the River Liffey in Dublin on the Saturday, but not come over to us at the actual Airshow venue! (No Comment...)

So, some awesome displays of new and old aircraft, but a major disappointment to miss the Lanc and the Reds. Maybe next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back