GB-55 1:48 Hurricane Mk.I Trop - MTO III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Someone once said this is a relaxing hobby.
I guess no one has tried a Kittyhawk F-35B @ 1/48.or yours.
It's much safer to put it inna box and forget it for a while.
Come back to it when you have a solution!
Work on something simple and get your mojo back.

That's why I have a stack of 40% off, $9.99, Hobby Lobby Airfix kits. Cheap and quick, and usually rewarding.

However, I don't understand the issues with the kit? The Mk I I built came off the same molds and should have gone together as seamlessly as mine; and I'm by far not the most talented. May have been distorted in storage?

That's why I have a stack of 40% off, $9.99, Hobby Lobby Airfix kits. Cheap and quick, and usually rewarding.

However, I don't understand the issues with the kit? The Mk I I built came off the same molds and should have gone together as seamlessly as mine; and I'm by far not the most talented. May have been distorted in storage?
Love me some 40% off at Hobby Lobby, alas their selection has suffered dramatically!

Love me some 40% off at Hobby Lobby, alas their selection has suffered dramatically!
Not sure about Katy, but there are numerous HL locations in and around the Austin area. Whenever I pass one I make sure to stop in. The selections at the different locations vary alot; must be a demographic issue. Always a 109 on the shelf though. The usually have a BIG selection of autos and ships. Not into those unfortunately. The ones I find are the low end line Airfix, but a stress reliever build. Lots of creativity allowed, and usually wind up as paint mules.

Hello,
Thank you all for your help and encouragement but unfortunately my model is unrecoverable => trash
I understand my mistake, as it is stated in the link you posted, Wojtek, my "mistake" is to have refined the trailing edge of the wing. This resulted in a wing/fuselage assembly that was kind of "rocking" and I couldn't solve the problem without having to rebuild the joint as shown in the link... From the start, like you Vic, I didn't loved the way this kit was designed which probably helped that I didn't insist on solving the problem and eventually everything went to the trash.
I only have one Hurricane I Hasegawa left with which I plan to build one of the R. S. Tuck's mounts. I'll try to find another kit or maybe expecting for Eduard hoping they make it before I am too old... :) :p

Not sure about Katy, but there are numerous HL locations in and around the Austin area. Whenever I pass one I make sure to stop in. The selections at the different locations vary alot; must be a demographic issue. Always a 109 on the shelf though. The usually have a BIG selection of autos and ships. Not into those unfortunately. The ones I find are the low end line Airfix, but a stress reliever build. Lots of creativity allowed, and usually wind up as paint mules.
I have five within a five mile radius of me, ten to twelve within a ten mile radius. But I quit chasing from one to another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back