GB-55 1:48 Hurricane Mk.I Trop - MTO III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Really nice Steph. I wish I didn't have to click on your pics all the time to look at larger versions. I post mine at full size after reducing to 1000 pixels wide.

Hello

Some work on the landing lights made with copper wire and glued with Micro Kristal Klear
DSCN6474.JPG
DSCN6476.JPG
DSCN6481.JPG

Air intakes drilled
DSCN6484.JPG

No more photo (and so no more modelling) during the next 10 days; I'm going on vacation :)

Hello,
After be back from vacation since 2 days, I worked on this model trying to assemble the wings and fuselage but impossible to obtain something clean. I don't understand why there is so much difference between this 2 parts. The shape of the wings no corresponds with the shape of the lower fuselage. I lost my patience, so I stop this build...
Maybe I'll be back with other project for this GB.

Hello,
After be back from vacation since 2 days, I worked on this model trying to assemble the wings and fuselage but impossible to obtain something clean. I don't understand why there is so much difference between this 2 parts. The shape of the wings no corresponds with the shape of the lower fuselage. I lost my patience, so I stop this build...
Maybe I'll be back with other project for this GB.
Sorry to hear that Steph. It's frustrating. I hope all goes well.

Sorry to hear that Steph.

It's been awhile since I built this kit but don't recall the same problem. New Airfix are very precise with their engineering even over painted surfaces can cause misalignment. Maybe leave it a few days then try again?

I think there was a problem when gluing the wings, I probably did something wrong so that the shape of the wing assembly did not match the shape of the fuselage...
No turning back possible, everything went in the trash :banghead:
:rolleyes:
For the moment, I started a nice little assembly to relax: an F6F-3 Hasegawa on which I will not bother to correct the few errors :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back