GB-55

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

I think/hope to participate in this GB... My first choice would be Spitfire Vc BR323 "T-S" or BR173 "T-D" flown by Canadian Ace G. F. Beurling during early July 1942 (BR323) and mid- October (BR173).

But the problem is the lack of certainty regarding camo scheme... These 2 aircraft were convoyed on HMS Eagle and there are too much options regarding camo; original tropical scheme DE/MS/Sky S or Sky blue, original tropical scheme painted over with temperate sea scheme, original tropical scheme painted over with USN blue(s), original tropical scheme painted over only on the MS, original tropical scheme painted overwith EDSG, etc...
Another choice is possible: Spitfire Vc BR301 "UF-S" flown by G. F. Beurling late in July 1942. This aircraft was conyoyed on USS Wasp and was originally delivered to 601 Sqn. 249 Sqn took over this aircraft when 601 Sqn was retired from operations and it seems that she kept the 601 Sqn code UF... Maybe less options regarding camo scheme of this aircraft; it seems that the option of a original tropical scheme painted over with USN Blue Grey is the most probable...
If I had to jump into this "Spitfire Vc" project, here are my choices:
- BR173/BR323 with original tropical scheme partially or overall painted over with EDSG
- BR301 with original tropical scheme overall painted with USN Blue Grey.

But other options for this GB are Spitfire VIII JF472 "ZX-J" flown by American Ace L. C. Wade, P-51D Mustang SN44-15459 "HL-B" flown by American Ace J. J. Voll, Bf 109Es flown by German Ace H. Ihlefeld or simply an Hurricane I flown by British Ace W. Vale...

As you can see, I ask myself many questions... Maybe too many... :rolleyes: :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back