GB-55 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Less than a month away...
August 1 to December 4, 2022 GB 55 "Mediterranean Theatre"

This Group Build is for aircraft serving in the MTO of WW2. The area includes Greece, Italy, Gibraltar North Africa, Sicily, Malta, Crete, and the Middle East.

For starters my choices would be the bog standard Tamiya 1:48 Spitfire Mk.Vb Trop; in RCAFy markings of course. I need to locate a gun site which I borrowed to another Spitfire. I'll need to go through my spares

1656884797933.png

Another option I have is the Tamiya 1:48 Fi. 156C Storch which will be in Italian service serving in Albania, 1942. I will be stealing shamelessly from Andy's build

1656885150104.png

Both look like nice picks Geo. I must say the Storch kit is very nice, if not a bit finicky but it's definitely something you can handle. But then it would be great to see a 417 Sdn machine too.

Vic, it would fantastic to see you join a GB again and hope you do.

Me, I'll be away for half of August too so would not start something till later but I was thinking of converting my AM B-25 Doolittle Raider to a D-1 model representing "Dirty Gertie from Bizerte" per this thread: B-25C/D Exhaust Stub Question. That's if I can find a way to make the flame dampers.

I have a choice of three Italian kites- an Italeri Fiat CR.42, a Tauro Macchi MC.205 or a Smer Savoia-Marchetti SM.79.

I think I may do the CR.42, and do the MC.205 if I have time. I may need some help in finding suitable colour schemes- a Fiat CR.42 based at Gallarate in February 1944, and a Macchi MC.205, preferably operated by the Luftwaffe.
If I can't finish the Macchi, I may use that and/or the SM.79 for GB 57 "WW2 Foreign Service". A few more of the planes flown by Hans-Werner Lerche.

Less than a month away...
August 1 to December 4, 2022 GB 55 "Mediterranean Theatre"

This Group Build is for aircraft serving in the MTO of WW2. The area includes Greece, Italy, Gibraltar North Africa, Sicily, Malta, Crete, and the Middle East.

For starters my choices would be the bog standard Tamiya 1:48 Spitfire Mk.Vb Trop; in RCAFy markings of course. I need to locate a gun site which I borrowed to another Spitfire. I'll need to go through my spares

Another option I have is the Tamiya 1:48 Fi. 156C Storch which will be in Italian service serving in Albania, 1942. I will be stealing shamelessly from Andy's build

I've got the Storch but eve since Andy's build I'm a but scared of it. But hey that's me!

Seems I can never do "simple"!
So I have a Tamiya Mk.Vb, Not tropical!!!!!!
But.......... I want to do one of the First at Malta, the Blue ones to enter service with 126 Sqn.
They happen to be Tropical!!!!!!!!!!!!! This one, credit in the photo.
GB55 X1.jpg

Update.................
I now have a Trop Vb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back