GB-55

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just want to talk like a Pirate!!!!
We are getting way off topic........
Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day.png

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. I was going to go back to the Tamiya Mk.Vb boxing as there are less parts total than in the Eduard Mk.VIII cockpit. The reason being, knock off the first quickly and then take my time with the Eduard kit and I also wanted to try that really messed up camo. I was looking for a photo showing the left side of AN⦾V and found out that Tamiya and therefore everyone else has the serial number BR487 wrong.

1659374458556.png

BR470 was also listed as a likely aircraft. There is also a photo of it but the history doesn't jibe

1659374670065.png

I may go through the 417 Squadron ORBs but for now, its back to the Mk.VIII

Looking for the Code of Mk.VbT, EP310, lost with pilot 1942.
This will be my second build. From what I understand in '42
the Code was V*??
Sqn codes used, WIKI
UN Allocated April - September 1939
V Jun 1942 - Dec 1942
(Although the MK*? code was used as early as Aug '42!)
MK Dec 1942 -Mar 1943
5J Apr 1944 - Apr 1946

Exert from another forum;
G.G. Davidson moved to 401 sqn at Biggin Hill in September,1942, but soon after volunteered to go
overseas to 126 sqn at Luqa, Malta. On 14-11-42 while on a sweep to Sicily and Tunis was shot down off
Pantelleria in Spitfire Vb(T), EP310 and listed MIA.

Last edited:
I await..........................

Sorry Geo, brain fart. I must have been confused with another squadron. I recently finished "The Tumbling Sky" by Hugh Halliday and there was a reference in there of pilots of one RCAF squadron being temporarily assigned for a time to serve with one or more RAF units but it seems it was not 417.

Did a bit more perusing of the stashola. I think I am going to build the Tamiya P-38F/G. This GB is fast becoming a USAAF GP love in.

Here's the bird I think would look cool. The Sad Sack flown by Lt. Roland O. Leeman. I like the Red Nose version. Expected Start date would be Beginning of September.

View attachment 681564

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back