GB-55

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

On the Spit pic, I see that even though it looks very scruffy, the "black panel lines" are limited to the slipstream of the exhaust and no streaks behind the guns. The other things that need some shading are the flaps and ailerons. That is going to be my next hurdle and since I can't move my arm much, I've been watching a LOT of youtube model vids.

On the Spit pic, I see that even though it looks very scruffy, the "black panel lines" are limited to the slipstream of the exhaust and no streaks behind the guns. The other things that need some shading are the flaps and ailerons. That is going to be my next hurdle and since I can't move my arm much, I've been watching a LOT of youtube model vids.
The black panel lines that you are seeing in the exhaust area are shadows from the armour plate covering the fuel tank. This plate stood proud of the surrounding sheet metal but not much. It may indeed be accentuated by exhaust stains.

073.JPG

Smoke stains behind the guns are often exaggerated by modelers (me included) and I've been telling myself to tone it down on recent builds.

I swore I would not do it again............. but I yam olde!
So two........... one............. two Mk.VbT's for this build.
One, Bluey as arrived at Malta from the USS WASP into126 Sqn.
Two, as flown in cammo same Sqn.
One Tamiya and one Hasegawa.
"Should be easy.............. two same builds cepting for exterior colours?
Yes?
Tel me YES!

I swore I would not do it again............. but I yam olde!
So two........... one............. two Mk.VbT's for this build.
One, Bluey as arrived at Malta from the USS WASP into126 Sqn.
Two, as flown in cammo same Sqn.
One Tamiya and one Hasegawa.
"Should be easy.............. two same builds cepting for exterior colours?
Yes?
Tel me YES!
"Oh" go on then!...................... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back