GB-57 1/48 Mustang Mk. IV - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes that's the RAF roundel type B at the wing top. It was the basic one for all the war time. But it was changed to the C at the end of the WW2 ( IIRC, the beginning of the January 1945 ) . What is more the late roundel got the thin yellow out line what made it looking like the large C1 one. I would say Airframes Airframes should shed more light.

So far I'm a No-Go on finding a solution for this. None of the decal options I've seen will work! I hate to throw the towel in but it's close to that issue!

I am withdrawing do to decal issues. I haven't found a suitable solution at this time. If I should before the EOB I'll throw it back on the burner but for now it's put away. Maybe by Zombie build.

Agree with Vic.
But I understand the frustration. When in Foreign service markings don't always comply with the home country.
I found it impossible to find "odd" size RAF roundels to match any US aircraft.
Masking and painting RAF roundels is a nightmare, with and without yellow ring, no inner white ring, on and on.
You've done well so far.
Perhaps This can help? Squadron is in the US and these look promising!
Found this link here;

Agree with Vic.
But I understand the frustration. When in Foreign service markings don't always comply with the home country.
I found it impossible to find "odd" size RAF roundels to match any US aircraft.
Masking and painting RAF roundels is a nightmare, with and without yellow ring, no inner white ring, on and on.
You've done well so far.
Perhaps This can help? Squadron is in the US and these look promising!
Found this link here;
Thank you Mr. Bill but unfortunately that is a twenty year old set and that Squadron went defunct bankrupt, these don't seem to be available anymore. I've been looking high and low and have my plastic pusher man involved. No sets to be found. The paint options blew my mind trying to plant ring mask in ring mask . I'm sure it can be done but I'm not up to it.

Thank you Mr. Bill but unfortunately that is a twenty year old set and that Squadron went defunct bankrupt, these don't seem to be available anymore. I've been looking high and low and have my plastic pusher man involved. No sets to be found. The paint options blew my mind trying to plant ring mask in ring mask . I'm sure it can be done but I'm not up to it.
Thought it would help................ sorry
Squadron is back in bidness!

Thought it would help................ sorry
Squadron is back in bidness!
Yes, but not all the stuff is Brandon's yet, he's working on it, but alas this ( the Aro Master) as far as I can tell aren't in production. But indeed it was a great stab! And I thank you very very much for your support !
Sad to hear. Remind me exactly what you need and how big Don and I'll check what I have for decals.
Upper wing insignia three ring, outer blue inner narrow white with red inner. I've seen a lot of info from y'all but I really don't know what size. The ones in the decal set are excessively to large.

I'll have a look. I have a set lined up for my Spitfire that are probably too big for you anyway but I might have others.

These are what you need? If so measure them and I may have them

2023-04-11_14-06-06_024-jpeg.jpg

The ones I got with my 1/48 Airfix Brit Mustang are 21mm in diameter which would represent a 40 inch roundel. I have several pairs at 17mm diameter. Another pair 28mm. Another pair at 26mm. No extras that are 21 though. You can have any of the above except the Airfix ones which I need for my build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back