GB-59 1/72 Mitsubishi Ki-15 'Babs' - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep! Shutdown at work for a week :)

Starting with the engine, in this case a Nakajima Ha-8, army version of the Nakajima Hikari 3.
Pic 1. Starting to remove the centred ignition wires.
Pic 2. Removed, cylinder detail being rescribed.
Will make new ignition wires from sprue or thin wire.
20230810_084132.jpg

20230810_101738.jpg

The accessories arrived today too! VERRRY small...

20230810_125102.jpg

Wow, this mixing with a bunch of wackos must be deranging you, I mean mucking about with that wee scale engine. Phew, don't know if I could cope with that, and that cockpit masking, so tiny, hope you have a good magnifying glass. I admire your gumption. Can I ask why the shut down, holiday week maybe. :thumbleft: :D

Last edited:
Cheers guys.
It's supposedly summer at the moment Vic, and first monday of August is always a bank holiday, so they shut the place down for the week. (In Aussie, it was 2 weeks at Christmas)
We have about 700 staff at moment, so it's handy for the maintenance lads and technicians if everyone's out of the way and they can do their jobs in peace. That said, a few people are still working, to save their holidays.

Re the engine. Yeah, it's kind of small, and I don't know how much I can physically do to it. We'll see.
And speaking of which, in the diagram posted, the ignition wires are shown connected to the right of the cylinder, while that museum example has them on the left... does anyone know which is correct? (I have been unable to find a photo of Babs showing the engine in place clearly)

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have the Mushroom book Vol.I on the Babs. I will take a look in my book when I have the chance and get back to you. I need to go to bed now.

Cheers guys.
It's supposedly summer at the moment Vic, and first monday of August is always a bank holiday, so they shut the place down for the week. (In Aussie, it was 2 weeks at Christmas)
We have about 700 staff at moment, so it's handy for the maintenance lads and technicians if everyone's out of the way and they can do their jobs in peace. That said, a few people are still working, to save their holidays.

Re the engine. Yeah, it's kind of small, and I don't know how much I can physically do to it. We'll see.
And speaking of which, in the diagram posted, the ignition wires are shown connected to the right of the cylinder, while that museum example has them on the left... does anyone know which is correct? (I have been unable to find a photo of Babs showing the engine in place clearly)

Cheers!
Silly me, I should have realised August Bank Holiday. Once got stuck in traffic from Exeter to Taunton on the M5. Three hours of crawling and I'm going back to the late 70s. Dread to think what it would be like now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back