GB-59 1/72 Mitsubishi Ki-15 'Babs' - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys, but not happy with it at all!
Will definitely replace the cylinders when my finger is better (had a wee accident changing a blade at work today)

Sorry to hear of the accident, hope the damage is not serious and that you'll be back at the workbench soon. :D

Cheers Andy, much appreciated mate.
Unfortunately I am a perfectionist though, and my own worst critic, so want her (and everything else I do for that matter) to be as accurate as possible, and done to the best of my ability. That means alot of 'failures'/ 'learning curves' of course, but also means some nice successes now and again. I always aim for those... :)

Finger still wasn't knitting after 32 hours, so docky butterfly sutured it. Bit awkward doing fiddly stuff at moment!

Cowl cleanup when in progress, since finished and glued together. Spats also glued together, pics up shortly when both fully cleaned up.
20230819_085507.jpg

Looking at engine cylinder options too.
First pic shows kit engine, with ICM Po I-16 engine front and pushrods (in White), and Italeri C-47 engine.
20230823_233439.jpg

Second pic shows seperated cylinders from a 'factory second' resin Pratt & Whitney engine bought at a model show. I think this might be the best option.
20230823_235235.jpg

One of my mate's did ask if it was a gusher, Dave :)
It was deep enough, but with a razor blade, so clean cut. I just quickly left the clean room (I work in a medical factory), sprayed alcohol in it and covered it with 3 plasters then went back to work. Take's more than that to put me out of action! :)

Cheers for the kit coment too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back