GB-61 1/48 Vought AU-1 Corsair – Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I went to the Air Force Museum in Dayton this last weekend, stopped along the way back home to see the total eclipse, and attempted to paint the yellow rings on a couple of bombs with a yellow paint marker.
The museum was wonderful, the eclipse spectular, (although I couldn't get a photo of the totality) and the bomb painting not so much. Not happy at all with the result but Don had been kind enough to put the Print Scale decals in the mail to me which should solve the problem.

P4064419.JPG
P4064422.JPG
P4084493.JPG
20240411_195535.jpg

I sometimes find the concern to get things perfect on a model humorous. While stationed on Guam I had a young airman from Munitions Maintenance Squadron (MMS or as we revered to them as BB stackers) get assigned to my room as a roommate. He was a skronny little guy barely 18 years old. I didn't see him for about three months due to different schedules. One Saturday he shows up deep dark tan and looking like a wedge with a six pack that was closer to a 12 pack. I'm like Damn man what you been doing, look like a beach bum. He's like I stand next to a trailer and grab a hold of a bomb fin and start rolling it down the trailer while it gets sand blasted and then roll it back while it gets painted.

It ain't rocket science!!!!

So they do make the Bitch decals! Good one.
And the Belle is accurate to the Original!!!!!!!!
The movie? Not so much............. Theater!
All nice shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back