GB-61 1/48 Vought AU-1 Corsair – Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Added the wine foil seat harness as well as the weapon pylons including the scratch built center rack

P3224119.JPG
P3224120.JPG

The bomb saga continues,,,,,

As I said in post #78 I had decided to use 4 of the 250s I have on each wing along with a couple of somewhat larger bombs next to them on the inner most wing racks. There was no nore that 2 bombs made from the same kit Mfg. so the fuses were all different so I cut most of them off and replaced them with bits of brass rod.
The picture below shows that load-out.

P3224121.JPG

I was never happy with these 500s and the 1000 as they scale out too big and the fin shape is just wrong, and the larger bomb on each outer wing just was not going to fit. I decided to replace the 5-250s on each wing with 3-500s.
I have a bunch of AMT P-40F bagged kits I picked up on ebay a while back and decided to raid them for the 500s. I opened the box I thought they were in but instead found a whole lot of extra kit bits including a whole lot of bombs! Included were 4 very nice 250s from an AMT A-20G, a 1000 pounder from the Academy P-47N kit and a couple of nice 500s from AMT P-40 kits. All these bombs scaled out right on and looked "right". I then raided another AMT A-20 kit I have in the stash for 4 more 250s.
So now I'm back to the 10 250s using the 8 from the A-20s and 2 of the best of the ones I already had.
Here's the load-out now with all the new bombs, although I still need to dress up the glue joints and change the fuses to brass.

P3234122.JPG

And here is all the bombs I did all that work on that I will not be using now.

P3234123.JPG

That looks like you have it under tow. Speaking of, that Corsair will need to be "under tow" with a load fit for an AD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back