GB-61 1/48 Vought AU-1 Corsair – Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shame about those Glenn, but checked the box again, and have these. No tail fins, but bombs as are measure 6 x 26 mm.
Give us a yell if they're any good to you.
20240317_003654.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind offers guys but I think I might have a solution.
I dug through the kits in my stash and think I found something I can use in a 1/72 Academy P-47 Razorback kit. I had two of these and used one of for the P-47J conversion I did a while back, stuffing the unused sprues into an unused razorback kit so there were 4 1/72nd 500 pounders in there. They are slightly too big around and need some modification on the tail fins, but I think they will be OK. I had found 2 of the same side halves (both with the locator pins) in the spares box that match and must have been from the same kit Razorback kit from years ago, so If I can mate those parts together, I will have 5 of the same type. If I put them all on the same wing, I don't think the slight diameter difference from the 250s I already have will be noticeable.
I started the fin modification and will try to finish them up tonight and post some pictures comparing them to the 250s I already have.

Thanks Andy but it looks like those bombs would be too big.

I'm just about done trying to match up bombs. It seems every kit mfg. does them a bit different. Alone they look fine but when you put them next to each other the difference is obvious. I did find a place in the Ukraine that has very nice looking resin bombs with photo-etched fins, but for 10 250s it would be over $40, and then the 1000 and 500 pounders wouldn't look right with their thick plastic tail fins, so add another $20 to get them in resin and that's a whole lot of the green stuff.
So, what I think I'll be doing is putting 4 of the 250s I have on each wing along with a couple of somewhat larger bombs next to them on the inner most wing racks. Not perfect but I guess I can live with it.

I started back in on the main kit last night and have added a seat harness made up of wine bottle foil and cleaned an ugly mold seam off the top of the bubble canopy. Didn't take pictures but will tonight and also hope to get the flaps glued together so I can start in on the main paint job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back