GB-61 1/72 Aichi M6A1 Seiran - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cockpit completed. Lots of detail, seems a shame to hide it under a closed canopy. I looked at it to see how easy it would be to cut it so I could pose it open but it would be destroyed trying to do it. I'll see if I can find a Clear Vax replacement. Kit calls for 12 grams of nose weight. Packed in 15 grams to be safe, held in place with white glue. I just hope it doesn't fall over on it's prop ! Lots of different green. Thanks again George ( my sons name as well).

A6M1 (9)r.jpg

A6M1 (10)r.jpg

Cockpit completed. Lots of detail, seems a shame to hide it under a closed canopy. I looked at it to see how easy it would be to cut it so I could pose it open but it would be destroyed trying to do it. I'll see if I can find a Clear Vax replacement. Kit calls for 12 grams of nose weight. Packed in 15 grams to be safe, held in place with white glue. I just hope it doesn't fall over on it's prop ! Lots of different green. Thanks again George ( my sons name as well).

View attachment 768568

View attachment 768569
Those look like the rocks I had some students collect for my A6M2-N floatplanes. What are those? Lead?

This looks good and your right, locking all that detail way is a shame and it is not easy trying to find a way so it shows. :thumbright::D

Floats and weathering. I doubt these planes saw a lot of air time but floats do take a beating.I though about the hairspray method which I've never had much luck with and salt is too much hassle. I saw this on Youtube. White glue for chipping sauce. I used Elmers washable school glue which I added a bit of red to so I could see where it was going. Then I just dabbed it on here and there with a couple of different crappy brushes. Then paint. Let dry over night and in the morning started scrubbing the bottom with an old wet toothbrush. Took a few minuits for the water to dissolve the glue but eventually the under laying silver showed up. I think I looks great !

A6M1 (12)r.jpg

A6M1 (13)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back