GB-61 1/72 Aichi M6A1 Seiran - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
User name: Bustedwing
First name : Graham
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model type: Aichi M6A1

My model stash consists of almost entirely of Luftwaffe kits. The only kit I have that fits this build is my Blohm Voss Bv222. Since my hands are full with the Dornier 26 and doubtful I'll have it finished in time, something a little lighter was needed. I picked up this Tamiya kit. The Aichi A6M1 is interesting. It was designed to be stowed and launched from a submarine. The subs were dispatched both carrying three planes but were called back to base due to Japans surrender. So as far as I know they never saw any action. They were extensively flight tested and there was apparently a land based version built as well. It looks to be a great kit with lots of detail. Should be a straight forward no hassle build !

A6M1 (1)r.jpg

Start on the kit. Great detail, gotta love Tamiya kits ! I have been searching for info on the interior colour for the cockpit and it's 50/50 greenish khaki vrs the darker green, I think the closest I have to it is Nato green. Curious to others thoughts. I'm kind of leaning towards the green. I've seen a number of 1:48 kits and they near all were green inside. Have not decided if I'll fold the wings. A lot of extra work involved to do it and I don't want to run out of time again !

IMG_0417r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back