GB-63 1/32 Macchi MC.202 Folgore – Stormy Weather (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

These are the details I wanted you to see, Vic.

This engine cover is in one piece
IMG_20240822_145944.jpg

The air intake drain plug is not in the center but on the right
IMG_20240822_150310.jpg

This gap is visible both below and above and should not be closed
IMG_20240822_150139.jpg

Last edited:
These are the details I wanted you to see, Vic.

This engine cover is in one piece
View attachment 794109

The air intake drain plug is not in the center but on the right
View attachment 794112

This gap is visible both below and above and should not be closed
View attachment 794113
Thanks for this Bernado, I'll see what I can do later today though not sure how things will pan out as I've already stuck that half of the engine cover down and filled in the gap on the lower cover. As for the drain plug, the difference in position is so minimal and with the air intake already fitted, it would be hard to get at and correct. Enjoy your day and I hope your enjoying your holiday. :lol::lol:

Thanks for the comments folks, most encouraging. Progress has been marred by a couple of mishaps, like dropping the model, exercising repairs and knocking a tail stabiliser off. Then I've had paint issues trying to match the underside colour. The instructions call for Grigio Azzurro Chiaro which translates to Light Blue Grey, FS36307 being given as a close match, alas though I could not find anything in my regular paint to match. I did a few test sprays but nothing came close and it was during all this that the dropping and knocking off of bits happened, so you can imagine my mood deteriorating. I was about to chuck it for the day when I remembered some LifeColor paints that I had stashed away as I didn't feel they worked well and guess what...........................in that stash is a bottle of Grigio Azzurro Chiaro 1 (UA525). So fingers crossed, thin it down a bit and see what happens when I do a test spray.

In the meantime, my little machine is all masked up and I have applied the white band just aft of the cockpit, this was applied over a yellow band, my belief being it helps to make the over-sprayed white look stronger.

20240824 1.JPG

20240824 2.JPG

Have a good weekend guys. :lol: :lol:

Interested to see how that Lifecolour paint turns out. Scratching my head over what that colour us supposed to look like as there appear to be ZERO blue in FS36307.
I had taken an indoor pic of the completed underside spray and was in the throws of masking the underside when I read your comment Andy. That was a couple of days ago with no sun until today. So the second shot was taken outdoor in the morning sun, as you can see, quite a difference in colour.

20240827 1.JPG

20240827 2.JPG

As you say, zero blue in FS36307 but as said, that was the Google translation, but looking at this second pic, the colour is quite a close resemblance to FS36307.
:lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back