GB-63 1/48 Macchi C.202 "Folgore" - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.

Fuselage details filled and moved as needed per the above post and the intake filter was added, though there remains the small piece at the front of it that needs a bit of thinning down:

24082001.jpg
24082002.jpg

I didn't show the instrument panel earlier. I used the Hasegawa IP decals but cut them out individually, applied them, and then dabbed them a bit with a black pen to reduce the contrast of the white on black.

24082003.jpg

The gun sight and compass still need to be added and I'll do that just before gluing on the windscreen to avoid them getting knocked off. Turning 180 degrees, we see the seat, which has had the edges trimmed down to appear less bulky. The armoured plate edges were also thinned for the same reason. I have yet to scratch build a representation of the odd seat harnesses but plan to do that before adding the canopy.

24082004.jpg

Back on the nose, here's a comparison of the kit-supplied exhaust stubs and the now-installed Brassin resin ones. A big improvement.

24082005.jpg
24082006.jpg

That's the last update for the next 8 to 10 days as I'll be away from the bench in that timeframe. I will poke around on the forum while I'm gone though. Thanks again for the looks and likes as well as for the kind comments and I'll see you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back