Geedee and Rocketeer's Flying Legends Airshow 2014

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff guys. Tony, don't sell yourself short. Those are excellent pics. Hope the weather co-operated for you gents and I'm looking forward to more.

Nice pics chaps, and great to meet up with you both again, even though it was relatively brief.
Just got back tonight, seriously knackered!
Went back to DX today, and talked to the P-26 crew, who were loading the aircraft into a shipping container for return to the 'States. It taxied out for it's display yesterday (Sunday) and waited at the 'Hold' for quite some time, before returning to it's parking slot. Apparently the cross-wind component had gone above safety limits.
After talking to Gary, and some of the crews today, it seems that a number of aircraft were stuck on the Continent, socked-in due to bad weather. These included both Ju52s, the Red Bull P-38 and the Avenger, with other aircraft either at Duxford or in the UK not flying, again due to wind, cloud, rain or visibility.
Still an excellent show though, and I'll post some of my pics, when sorted, in an additional thread.

Good stuff Gary. I got a few 'bloopers' too, mainly due to trying to twist the zoom barrel with stiff hands, and the odd 'finger trouble' with focusing.

Users who are viewing this thread