Geedee and Rocketeers Flying Legends

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Terrific pics Gary! They are all superb, but two stand out as classics, crying out to be made into posters, prints, a calendar, whatever - the Sea Fury with the streaming wing-tip vortices, and the three-ship formation of P51D's, the latter looking like an air to air at about 20,000 feet. BTW, the warning placard on the FW 190 head armour reads 'Attention! If you are reading this, you are facing the wrong way, Dumkopf!'

Nice shots big Boy! I think you covered most of em!! I shall add some pix below...hope they are ok for you

Attachments

• fw190a.jpg
    fw190a.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 64
  • fw190b.jpg
    fw190b.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 85
  • horse1.jpg
    horse1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 92
  • horse2.jpg
    horse2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Great stuff! :thumbleft: I saw the Horsemen as a 2 man with the Mustang and a 3 man with the Bearcat. I honestly don't think it matters what airplane it is. To see old, high-performance props doing precision flying like that is really something.

I thought I got spoiled at Chino until I saw that you had 2 (TWO!) Fw-190s. I gotta get over there for that show!

Last edited:
I have to agree with you Gary Those lenses were everywhere I reckon the Bigmas must have been breeding as there was hundreds of them but I saw at least a dozen 600mm VR Nikkors, at £7000 a piece some amatures have money to burn. and more Cannons than on HMS Victory. A guy behind me on one fly past (and I counted them) took 28 shots most of them were of the planes arse, he was going through CF cards like packs of polaroid.

Like wise to back Garys kind offer, as I said a few years back Eric you ever need a place to crash, doors open.
As I told Roman Im 90mins from DUX.

The one thing I learned while living in England 20 years ago is that you Brits can be so accommodating. I mean that, your hospitality is great and I am hoping that the economy picks up enough for me to make it to DUX in the next year or so. Plus it would be fun to explore my old stomping grounds in East Anglia. I doubt much has changed there.

That would be cool, Lee. I worked in the building near the microwave tower (1085) for a while, then in the old ATC tower. I have heard they built a new tower a few years ago and last I heard, the old one was still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back