Georgia and Russia at war.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It was reported on the local news here. Saying the Russians claim the US started it by supplying Georgia with weapons.

Once again. :(

The LAST thing this world needs right now is for Russia and the US to get into a pissin match.

the usa until now didnt made any ultimate, or strong statement, or even talked about troops deployment in south ossetia. i think bush wants to resolve that one by diplomacy.

well lets see, i think until sunday the situation could be resolved... or not.

Well Georgia is an ally of the west, wants to join NATO and the EU.

The Soviets...I mean Russians...have attacked Georgian terrority outside the warzone.

The Russians are certainly given the finger to the West and the West can do nothing.

The Russians are playing for keeps so it is interesting what the Americans do.

Well Georgia is an ally of the west, wants to join NATO and the EU.

The Soviets...I mean Russians...have attacked Georgian terrority outside the warzone.

The Russians are certainly given the finger to the West and the West can do nothing.

The Russians are playing for keeps so it is interesting what the Americans do.

for the russians: they entered in south ossetia to protect their fellows ossetians and their economic interests since they are the main investitor in the region. and also support the south ossetians in their statement to be independent of georgia.

for the georgians this is an invasion of georgian territory, and their attack on south ossetinans are internal affairs, not russian problem. also, georgia thinks russia wants take control of the south ossetia.

meanwhile in beijing....

0,,15255611-EX,00.jpg

- que bundinha bonita !

a menina bate um bolaum seu bush !

i dont like bush, but i believe he is doing fine there !

Does anyone know the reason this time?

DBII

Oil. Oil. Oil.

If the Russians can keep the world oil prospects at high risk, they believe they can prosper by driving up their local commodity prices. However, this will ultimately backfire if Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Venezuela don't back off. The West's lifeblood is oil. And like a strangled animal, if you inhibit the ability for the animal to breathe, you are subject to the animal lashing out at you.

Lord forbid.

The Russians and Georgians have never played nice. I do not remember why. It may be another case of they always fight each other. Does anyone know the reason this time?DBII

They didnt fight each other. Russia protected Georgia from Persian and Ottoman empires in 18th and 19th centuries.
In WWII 700000 Georgians fought as Red Army soldiers against Nazi Germany. About 350000 died in the battlefields of the Eastern Front.

a friend of mine who is a journalist came back today from Tsinhvali and said that in the whole city not a single building was left due to Georgian bombardment and that there're bodies everywhere..hundreds of them.

There is no oil in Georgia.
Georgia is the second poorest country in the world after Afganistan.

yes, thats true, but Gazprom(state russian company) is building a gas tunnel from russia to supply the region with natural gas. they are spending 640 milion USD on that.

around 2/3 of south ossetias budget, came from russia. almost every local ossetian have russian passport and they also use the ruble as local currency insteal the georgian currency.

also 70% of south ossetians are from diferent ethnicity than georgians. also the language is diferent.

a friend of mine who is a journalist came back today from Tsinhvali and said that in the whole city not a single building was left due to Georgian bombardment and that there're bodies everywhere..hundreds of them.

i heard about 1400 deaths...

how the russia media is dealing with that conflict ? whats the opinion of russians about that ?

how the russia media is dealing with that conflict ? whats the opinion of russians about that ?

the news coverage is quite good, both Russian, Ossetian and Georgian points of view are present, and Russians for the very most part support actions taken by the goverment.

the news coverage is quite good, both Russian, Ossetian and Georgian points of view are present, and Russians for the very most part support actions taken by the goverment.

if you heard some new thing about the situation in russian media, would post here dimitri ?

You are in a good position to share your perspective. Please enlighten us. More info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back