Georgia and Russia at war. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With Georgia almost having been admitted into NATO and the agreements to provide defense for NATO protectorates, what is the European reaction about Georgia. NATO would be in the thick of it right now if the decision were differently. Russia vs NATO? Oh man what a mess that would be.

One way or another it confirms once again that current Georgian president is a mentally sick person.

he is threatening quit the georgian delegation from beijing.

he also removing the georgian troops from iraq.

i suspect his plan was to make sure europe and us would help him. i believe he knew that russia would retaliate if he attacks a region full of russian citzens, so hes strategy was make sure the western powers would take party in his side of content.

I too am waiting on the European response to this.

I really dont know what to think of this, or who to put the blame on. I just get the feeling that this "invasion" was planned for quite some time now.

Attachments

• r94888486.jpg
    r94888486.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 85
They shot down a Backfire bomber?

When it was taking off or landing with a shoulder fired weapon?

still unclear , but most probably it was shot down during the cruise flight. SA-11 "buk" or maybe S-200, which they could recieve from the Ukraine (unconfirmed).

Ramirezzz, what is the situation with the Ukraine? They too are in a similar situation with not quite being a NATO member. If Ukraine is accused of providing arms to Georgia, will Russia react negatively? Will this escalate?

Dont believe for a second the the timing with the Olympics is a coincidence. They're banking on the world being distracted.

Ramirezzz, what is the situation with the Ukraine? They too are in a similar situation with not quite being a NATO member. If Ukraine is accused of providing arms to Georgia, will Russia react negatively? Will this escalate?

well the russian officials already warned the Ukraine from any further military or political support of Georgia and I'm quite sure the Ukraine will not go that far - I mean it will not provide the Georgia with arms while this country is de-facto in the war with Russia. The relationship between the Ukraine und Russia is cold enough , and neither side wants to make the things even worser.

i suspect his plan was to make sure europe and us would help him. i believe he knew that russia would retaliate if he attacks a region full of russian citzens, so hes strategy was make sure the western powers would take party in his side of content.

Europe should try to stay away from this guy. He is unpredictable sometimes looks even psychopathic. Some sort of a georgian version of Hugo Chaves crossed with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

With Georgia almost having been admitted into NATO and the agreements to provide defense for NATO protectorates, what is the European reaction about Georgia. NATO would be in the thick of it right now if the decision were differently. Russia vs NATO? Oh man what a mess that would be.

I highly doubt the Georgia will make it to the NATO. Nobody wants a member which acting so unpredictably and hazardous. The Germany is against it more than ever.

I have to plead guilty of being ignorant of Shakisvily's (sp?) actions. But stasiod's comments about being a cross between "Chaves and I'maMeanOleWackjob" is telling. What has the Georgian president done that is considered so chaotic? I do know he is vilified by Russian politicos, but why? Because he's anti-Russia?

Honest question here guys and value your input.

well the russian officials already warned the Ukraine from any further military or political support of Georgia and I'm quite sure the Ukraine will not go that far - I mean it will not provide the Georgia with arms while this country is de-facto in the war with Russia. The relationship between the Ukraine und Russia is cold enough , and neither side wants to make the things even worser.

What is Russia's statement to the United States. The US has been supplying Georgia with weapons for quite some time now. Just today I saw footage of US built helicopters flying in Georgian colors.

The United States has also been training the Georgian military for several years now as well.

Thanks for the information guys. I have heard very little about the subject. The only thing I can add is that prior to the start of hostilities, Russia was talking about moving equipment into Cuba if the US did not stop trying to put a missle defense system into eastern Europe. Was Russia warning the US to stay out of this war? Is the cold war is returning or will this just fade from the front pages?

DBII

acording to globo.com.br, the georgian president is now talking about a cease-fire. also the baltic republics and poland are condening the "russian attack"

but i think this is quite funny, because what i understood in fact, georgia attacked first south ossetia.

Thanks for the information guys. I have heard very little about the subject. The only thing I can add is that prior to the start of hostilities, Russia was talking about moving equipment into Cuba if the US did not stop trying to put a missle defense system into eastern Europe. Was Russia warning the US to stay out of this war? Is the cold war is returning or will this just fade from the front pages?

DBII

i didnt readed none of this in pravda.ru, or any other russian news site. the usa is already out of this war.

but i think this is quite funny, because what i understood in fact, georgia attacked first south ossetia.

You see that is where it is unclear. South Ossentia is a Georgian province. Georgia has a right to try and keep the province. Of course it would have been better had they learned from Serbia and not tried to used force to keep them in the nation.

Technically Russia had no business going into Georgia or South Ossentia because none of the lands belong to Russia.

That is why it is a very confusing situation. I too am not sure what to make of this and I am not going to pass judgement until I know the facts. Right now both sides are just pointing fingers.

The only area I will pass judgement in is the bombing and shelling of civilian centers. Both sides are doing it and they should not be doing it. In the end it is only going to make both sides look bad.

For some bizarre reason, the past few years has seen NATO and the US needlessly antagonizing Russia.

There was no need for us to expand eastwards into the ex soviet republics. And ditto for a missle defense system the Europeans didn't want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back