Georgia and Russia at war.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nice post

:lol: :lol: :lol:

first of all, my first and secont post here in this topic was pure BS, because i didnt understoot what was really going on. but now i see its a very complex situation.

well, i found more pics here:

http://noticias.terra.com.br/mundo/galerias/banner/0,,EI294,00.html

from terra.com.br

and thats a letter, form the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, that i found in pravda.com :

Russian FM: Georgia's treacherous attack - Pravda.Ru

from georgia times:

Territory between Village of Ksuisi and Khelchua was being intensive Bombed for 20 minutes
In the Georgian – Ossetian conflict zone, the territory between the village of Ksuisi and Khelchua was being intensive bombed for 20 minutes by Russian aircrafts.According to the released information bombing was committed by Russian Su -25 aircrafts.

-------------------------------------------------------

Most of S.Ossetia Under Tbilisi's Control' – Saakashvili
President Saakashvili said he had announced a general mobilization of reserve troops amid "large-scale military aggression" by Russia. In a live televised address on August 8, Saakashvili said Georgian government troops had gone "on the offensive" after South Ossetian militias responded to his peace initiative on August 7 by shelling Georgian villages.

Medvedev: Russia will Protect its Citizens in S.Ossetia Russia will protect its citizens wherever they are and punish the perpetrators, President Medvedev said on August 8, while commenting on the situation in South Ossetia. Russian President Dimitri Medvedev said Russia would punish those guilty of inflicting human casualties.

Russia Says Confidence in Georgia Undermined Georgia launched "a treacherous and massive attack" on Tskhinvali "just hours after" reaching an agreement on holding talks, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on August 8. "The Georgian authorities chose force despite all the diplomatic efforts between Moscow, Tbilisi, Tskhinvali, Washington and other interested capitals," it said. "As a result confidence in the Georgian leadership has been totally undermined."

Peace Enforcement Measures Underway in S.Ossetia – PM The Georgian forces are undertaking "measures for establishment of guaranteed peace" in South Ossetia, Lado Gurgenidze, the Georgian Prime Minister said early on August 8."The governmental troops were forced to launch measures for establishment of peace in the region

http://www.geotimes.ge/

i couldnt access the full page of the news so i posted the headlines and the box resume. its almost impossible to access anything in georgia from here. i think all world is triyng to do the same...

i just cant sleep !

from russia today:

South Ossetian capital liberated – Russia

489d5463c41b4.jpg

RussiaToday : News : Second emergency UN meeting ends without deal

RussiaToday : News : South Ossetian capital liberated â€" Russia
"theres a interesting banner in left"

Russian president Dmitry Medvedev said:
The situation reached the point that Georgian peacekeepers have been shooting at Russian peacekeepers. Now women, children and old people are dying in South Ossetia - most of them are citizens of the Russian Federation. According to the constitution, I, as the President of the Russian Federation, must protect lives and the dignity of Russian citizens wherever they are. Those responsible for the deaths of our citizens will be punished.

curious thing:

in russia today, they made a pool about the coincidence of the georgian attack on south ossetia and the opening of olimpic games:

most part of readers(43%) think the date of attack was planned by georgian government to attract less publicity as possible. other part(35%) think was to attract more publicity as possible.

RussiaToday

curious thing:

in russia today, they made a pool about the coincidence of the georgian attack on south ossetia and the opening of olimpic games:

most part of readers(43%) think the date of attack was planned by georgian government to attract less publicity as possible. other part(35%) think was to attract more publicity as possible.

RussiaToday

One way or another it confirms once again that current Georgian president is a mentally sick person.

heavy tank clashes currently ongoing at the outscirts in Tshinvali, it looks like the Georgians are attempting the last all out major offensive to retake the city

Georgia declares a "state of war" with Russia this morning. Also, on a military forum there is a sudden and huge discussion about a large multi-nationational fleet that is headed to the Persian Gulf. Just the kind of news I like to wake up to in the morning.....not.

There are no vital US interests in this country and historically its been a Russian "backyard".

I say we stay the heck out of this fight, and remind Putin that Cuba is a no go zone for their military.

I don't know if somebody mentioned it, most likely not (or at leaast I didn't see it), but I'll try to shed some light upon the whole territorial problem.

Osetia - inhabited by the Osetians (who came from Asia several thousands years ago) - was historically divided into two parts: North Osetia (which was taken over by Russia in 1774) and South Osetia (Taken by Russia in 1801).

With creation of the USSR, both parts stayed in the Union.

In 1990, when Georgia declared independence from Russia, Northern Osetia remianed in the Russian Federation, while Southern Osetia has become part of Georgia. Though they are an autonomous territory, they were actually never recognized as an independent state.

Got it?

_40260423_south_ossetia_map203_2.gif

There are no vital US interests in this country and historically its been a Russian "backyard".

Not true. We have set up training bases in Georgia for quite some time now.

I know for fact that we have US troops in Georgia right now, people that I actually know. They have been there for quite some time now.

Troops in my opinion is "vital US interest."

Now I am not saying we should get involved. I do believe we need to get these troops out though.

just saw on the news russian tanks have rolled into south ossetia in georgia.
georgians asking for U.S help saying russia has attacked them, claiming to have shot down 4 russian jets while russia says 10 of its peace keeping force have been killed

I'm watching this on the news, the Russian PM wants to force Georgia to negotiate - "by force if need be".... :eek:

They shot down a Backfire bomber?

When it was taking off or landing with a shoulder fired weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back