Ghost movies and stories.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry, I don't do scary movies. But when I was a teen, I liked the original Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street. Most because of the naked girls in them though.

"Alien" is one of the better horror flicks I've seen. Good movie.

Heard "The Ring" is very good but I am with Thorlifter on this one. Avoid them if I can.

Same here fellas....this is more meant as pure ghost flicks like American Haunting and House On The Haunted Hill from 59 and 99....

I hate horror films like Friday The 13th, Nightmare On Elm Steet etc. etc...

Can't beat the "Exorcist" for terror.

And I loved "Blair Witch" only because it had NOTHING! Just suspense and you never saw anything, just imagined it. Love that type of filmmaking. Can't stand movies that show all the guts, blood and crap.

"Night of the Living Dead", "Dawn of the Dead" and "28 Days Later were good Zombie type movies (along with "Shawn of the Dead" loved that!).

"Psycho" was a classic.

Lately "Saw" and "The Grudge" were decent.

Itchy and Scratchy I get all upset at the extreme violence.
I have to admit I find horror films more of a laugh than most comedies
"ooo look her heads spinning round and shes puking, quick father do your thing"
" Ok I will blah blah blah blah Ace, King, Queen, Jack. There you go little girl you'll be alright now. bye"

I think that suspense movies like those by Alfred Hitchcock are better than splatter movies....
Did anyone ever pick up after him?

Ya know, they really don't make too many horror movies anymore. All the movies now are how much blood they can fit on the 30 foot wide screen at one time.

I'm with Timshatz with the Alien movie. Good flick. But what genre is Alien more a part of? Is it a horror movie or a Sci-fi movie?

A great suspense movie that is relatively recent is "The Usual Suspects". Very good movie. Not quite Hitchcock, but still very good.

Well, now we're getting into all kinds of genres. Would a good suspense movie quailfy or even a sci-fi flick? Straight out ghost stories that are scary I don't think they make much anymore.

I would chose M. Night Shamalamadingdong as taking over from Hitchcock though he's gotta get his head outta his arse to get back to basics. Last few films from him have been duds.

Njaco, good point. "6th Sense" was good. Slid after that. The one about the aliens kinda dropped it. Why didn't they just shoot the suckers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back