Ghosts...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is not one's reality how we perceive our lives?

[Somebody flag that as a quote of profound wisdom. It came directly from my beer, I swear.]

Mike's reality is cold and somber. At least that is how I perceive it. :toothy5: Oh and Meat's penis is small. Remember he said it was a shower, not a grower! [But that is another storyline of which he continues to steal]. :lol:

Is not ones reality how we perceive our lives?

I just muddle through life with what little I know and I will cross this bridge when and if I have to, for now I have more pressing matters to contend with. There is nothing much I can do to solve the mysteries of a potential afterlife at this stage of the proceedings.

Marcel, most exactly sir, perfectly stated, reality is unique for each and everyone of us. We both may look at a fire truck and say "It's red" but neither of us knows what the other is perceiving. And as for your mother how very very wonderful for her I truely wish she has that "ghost" twice a day. What would you give for the same sensation?
"Am I a man dreaming I'm a butterfly or a butterfly dreaming I'm a man"

Mike, I am firmly in the camp of science. Therefore I believe that experiences such as mine should be not only provable, but explainable.
As I stated earlier, my friend and I went for rational first. We tried to figure out anything that could explain this. Granted, I am no genius, but I got quite a bit on the ball.
We did not resort to Ouija boards or any such nonsense, we really tried to find the truth.
I guess the point is, I have a place, that is verified by many people as to having the same experiences every night. I know the woman that owns it, and she would be more than happy to have this problem gone.
My friend and I were the longest renters she has ever had, mainly because we are both atheists and do not scare easily. This is a large house, two levels, five bedrooms, two bathrooms, two kitchens, a big living room, and a spacious dining room, and two garages, (one upper, one lower) as well as two large yards. (Upper and lower) It also has the workshop, and a bomb shelter. She could get more than $700 a month if anyone (other than us) would stay for more than a month.
I wish that I had the means to bring you out here so we could conduct a serious scientific investigation of this house.

Marcel, most exactly sir, perfectly stated, reality is unique for each and everyone of us. We both may look at a fire truck and say "It's red" but neither of us knows what the other is perceiving. And as for your mother how very very wonderful for her I truely wish she has that "ghost" twice a day. What would you give for the same sensation?
"Am I a man dreaming I'm a butterfly or a butterfly dreaming I'm a man"
Yup, I whish I could see or feel him. Still missing my father, but not as much as she does, though.

Ghosts or no. I am firmly of the opinion that we will all find that there is life after death. After all, if there isn't then we won't know.

As someone once put it. It doesn't matter so much if you believe in God. What is more important is for God to believe in you.

Matt, I do not see cold/somber but a realistic apprasial of the real world. I have the here and now and I througly and completely love and enjoy every minute of it and am in no hurry to leave. Ghost make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I have no idea how anyone can give so much credence to their sensory input when a life time of being fooled by them should have taught them better. Your dog, if you have one, knows how fallible sight is, and will sniff you, just to make sure.
Pattle, your beliefs are indeed yours and I am not trying to change anyones beliefs. The only harm in such beliefs is when con-men/women use them to fleece the unwitting. Sadly this take place too often. So the challenge is there, probably more than $2.2 million by now for any proof of Ghosts/spirits/etc. Why does it remain unclaimed? Surely if Bill is "up there" watching over his family, he'd take them to the nearest lab, manifest himself, and gift the kiddies with all that money. So my mind is open but your gonna hafta PROOVE it.
Paul, my dear friend, getting up to your neck of the woods is definitely on my "to do" list and visiting that place is something I'd love to do. I am not sure what if anything we'll find but I am open to finding out. If nothing else maybe we'll release that poor gomer to the light so he/she/it doesn't have to work every night. Kinda a sad haunting, I'd pick a girls locker/shower room personally

Seeing the "armed with a baseball bat" comment got me wondering...so in the event one does encounter a ghost/spirit/etc...how does one go about beating the sh!t out of it?

I mean seriously, a baseball bat wouldn't do much good, nor would my first choice: a Remington 12 ga. autoloder packed with the proper rounds to turn a bad man's head into a canoe. Swatting or shooting a ghost would be like spanking a column of smoke, I suppose...so what, a vacuum cleaner to suck the annoying apparition up or perhaps an electric fan turned up to "hurricane" mode?

maybe the 12 ga in case its human and a squirt gun full of holy water in case it isnt.

Matt, I do not see cold/somber but a realistic apprasial of the real world. I have the here and now and I througly and completely love and enjoy every minute of it and am in no hurry to leave. Ghost make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I have no idea how anyone can give so much credence to their sensory input when a life time of being fooled by them should have taught them better. Your dog, if you have one, knows how fallible sight is, and will sniff you, just to make sure.
Pattle, your beliefs are indeed yours and I am not trying to change anyones beliefs. The only harm in such beliefs is when con-men/women use them to fleece the unwitting. Sadly this take place too often. So the challenge is there, probably more than $2.2 million by now for any proof of Ghosts/spirits/etc. Why does it remain unclaimed? Surely if Bill is "up there" watching over his family, he'd take them to the nearest lab, manifest himself, and gift the kiddies with all that money. So my mind is open but your gonna hafta PROOVE it.
Paul, my dear friend, getting up to your neck of the woods is definitely on my "to do" list and visiting that place is something I'd love to do. I am not sure what if anything we'll find but I am open to finding out. If nothing else maybe we'll release that poor gomer to the light so he/she/it doesn't have to work every night. Kinda a sad haunting, I'd pick a girls locker/shower room personally

You and me both!

I think I just saw two guys in strange suits, with some sort of vacuum cleaner thingy strapped to their backs, get out of what looked like an old American, 'estate car type' Ambulance, across the street.
Who ya gonna call................

I think I just saw two guys in strange suits, with some sort of vacuum cleaner thingy strapped to their backs, get out of what looked like an old American, 'estate car type' Ambulance, across the street.
Who ya gonna call................

The police?

I can certainly go one better than that...

Welcome to the new order!

70614d1221355730-church-sign-text-generator-churchsign.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread