Got my A&P!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Velius

Airman 1st Class
Sep 4, 2007
Central Texas
Hey everybody,

Just got certified as an A&P mechanic today! I'm veeeeery happy. I'll be getting a 1 dollar raise at my current job as well as a greater job availability range in the aviation industry. Add my associate's degree in aviation maintenance and my age (I'm 20), and I say I'm off to a good start.

For the A&P's out there, how long have you been in this industry? Got any advice?

Thanks 8)

Congrats!!! As you're going to hear, now you have a license to learn. I've had an airframe license since 1978 and mt powerplant since 1980 - 30 years in aviation and every time I work on an airplane I learn something new. Welcome to a stressful but greatly rewarding career if you stay focused and take the good with the bad. Personally I have no regrets.

Again, Congratulations and welcome to a very special freternity!

Congratulations! There are several of us around here.

I got my A&P back in 2005. I had already been working on aircraft (helicopters in the Army) since 2000 before I went and got my A&P though.

As Joe has pointed out though, the learning never ends. The day you stop learning is the day you need to stop working on aircraft in my opinion. Too dangerous then...

As Joe has pointed out though, the learning never ends. The day you stop learning is the day you need to stop working on aircraft in my opinion.

When my class was about to graduate one of my instructors gave us all a little last minute lecture. He said when we graduate we will know this much <holds out fingers to measure "this much">. And in 40 years we will know this much <fingers parted a micrometer>.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back