GrauGeist's Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, this is one of those instances where I wasn't looking to take any photos, but just happened to see the 'Jay warming on the tip of the Fir tree and figured, what the heck, why not, and grabbed the camera!

Great shots Dave, did that bird fall out of the tree, I don't see his wings out, or is it a plastic Bird Just kidding Great capture. 8)
Well, I was actually hoping to catch the 'Jay at the moment he (she?) opened thier wings but I calculated just a bit early and got the "feathered lawn dart" look instead!

This photo is of a Sikorsky S-64E of Erickson Air-Cranes that had been sitting down a ways from where we were waiting for the Collings Foundation and thier B-17, B-24 and PT-51C to arrive. What first got my attention, was one of the crewmembers was actually under the main rotor (while it was idling), checking something near the engine while perched on the port main gear...I was thinking that wasn't too safe, but hey, they're the experts, right?

I may post that one if I remember to grab it off my other computer

Attachments

• Sikorsky_S-64E.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
They are pretty cool machines, and we have just about all types up here for all types of tasks, from construction to firefighting and logging.

Here's the photo that I mentioned earlier, showing the crewmember out on the gear structure. He was up and down, checking something shortly before they lifted off.

Attachments

• IMGP6833-cr.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 74
Thanks guys, that was a pretty cool shot...you don't see stuff like that too often...

I shot this sunset yesterday evening just before leaving work. I happened to have my Pentax with me because we have a real high-tech project at the shop, and I had brought it in to get some detailed photos.

There wasn't much in the way of clouds, but with my 70-300 zoomed in on the ridge (the ridge being about 10 miles distant), it was a completely different look. The results were pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMGP8524-rs.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Great shots mate!

Love the air crane! Seen those a lot with our summers, hopefully we wont have to use them this summer after the horrific day in Februrary here in Victoria. Had one those pretty much land near a friends house taking on water. The fire was across road from his, the Erickson sure saved the day.

Thanks guys, this is yet another case of having the Pentax at the right time...this sunset lasted only for a few minutes. I would have never had time to get home and grab the camera.
Dam Dave, that might be the best one of yours I've seen yet!
Would you beleive this particular shot was a actually an afterthought?

I've come to learn that you never just take a single shot of a subject if you can take two or more!

I'll post one of about 4 shots I took before I took one you saw already, to give an idea of what the sunset looked like. I just happened to zoom my 70-300 for the last shot before leaving work, and realized it almost looked like a painting....glad I did!
I sure hope you guys get a break from all the fires, it was tragic to see all the destruction and deaths you folks suffered down there. I'm glad our guys were able to get down there and lend a hand, and believe me, we were sure glad to have your guys up here helping out last year!

Attachments

• IMGP8521-rs.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 121
Great sunsets Dave and what a machine that Elvis is. Had a couple arrive last week in Sydney which were put to work immediately on the NSW bush fires. My to the fire fighters in both our countries, it's great the way they all muck in together.

Going through photos for a book project (they make GREAT Christmas presents) and found this photo...

I was trying to get in as close as I could to this housefly with my Macro lense, and managed to get the shot just as he was taking off.

Attachments

• IMGP4347-cr.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 100

Users who are viewing this thread