Greatest Fighter Aircraft of All Time

Which is the best

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How can you contest an undefeated champion? Sure, most of the F-15's 100 plus victories were against inferior pilots, but I am sure most of the other contestants have planes that were shot down by inferior pilots. And as for the F-22, and most other modern contestants, one can always ask "What is your won-loss record?". The answer would be either not near the F-15 or "Well,...."

davparlr said:
How can you contest an undefeated champion? Sure, most of the F-15's 100 plus victories were against inferior pilots, but I am sure most of the other contestants have planes that were shot down by inferior pilots. And as for the F-22, and most other modern contestants, one can always ask "What is your won-loss record?". The answer would be either not near the F-15 or "Well,...."

100+????

The F-15 is an older plane and the Su-37 ius still a new (probably cancelled) prototype
an F-15 is more comparable to an Su-27/Mig-29

well if you wanna compare it to a Su-27, i'd give it to the -27, just........

and there's no way i for one would call the best ever fighter on the loss ratio of a plane that's never really been in a large, high intensity conflict against equal opposition, do you really think that no F-15s would be lost against large equal opposition............

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
i meant hussars just said that the mustang was better than the spit without saying anything

and if a large number of F-15s flew into a large formation of say MiG-29s... damn enemy pilots arent that stupid

I think the Su-27 is actually more capable than the F-15, however with the avionix package and weapons package of the F-15 it evens itself out. Combined with a good pilot and the F-15 could get the edge.

syscom3 said:
FLYBOYJ said:
syscom3 said:
I say the F4 has a better combat record than the F15

An F-15 was NEVER lost in combat!!!F-4s were shot down in air-to-air over Vietnam, Israel and Iran....

But then, the F15 has never fought in a high intensity conflict.

Bekka Valley!!! At one point there were over 200 aircraft batteling in the air at the same time!!! That's about as high intensity as it gets!!!!!

Folks - the newer Russian fighters mean very little. I'm not being nationalistic but the F-15 is still reining supreme. Cope India just proved that with the newer Russian equipment the F-15 can't take on 6 to 1 odds any more but could come out ahead at 2 to 1 and will more likely win on a one on one engagement with these new Russian machines.

Loosing that 6 to 1 capability is the reason why you see the USAF wanting the F-22 so bad - many want to keep that edge....

too bad, is it because of the skill of the Ruskie pilots? or the missiles? iveread on another post saying that russian missiles were better

Bekka Valley!!! At one point there were over 200 aircraft batteling in the air at the same time!!! That's about as high intensity as it gets!!!!!

Thats a single battle.

And the Bekka valley was nothing like flying over Hanoi/Haiphong or over the Suez/Golan heights in 1973.

The F4 performed well as a recon, fighter-bomber and a wild weasel. The F15 has only flown combat missions as a fighter (and yes I know about the F15E)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back