Group build #13 Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now living here in Australia, a commonwealth country with a British form of government, one can never get away from the crocofrogs! There is nothing democratic about it. What Oz does for it's citizens, and what it does for it's boat people is downright criminal. We can only wish for you to have a good outcome.

Bill

Even tho I have never completely built a plastic scale model, I'm going to jump into this one. I can't find a PB4Y-2 in 1/48, which is my very favorite aircraft. However, coming in second is the A6M2-N "Rufe", which I have already purchased. Trust me, this will be OOB, with nothing special added.

Question: Because the GB "Aircraft in Foreign Service" was extended, what's the new dates for the Favorite Aircraft Build ? Also, my sprayer bit the dust, so it will be hand painted, unless I hit the lottery.

Charles

Even tho I have never completely built a plastic scale model, I'm going to jump into this one. I can't find a PB4Y-2 in 1/48, which is my very favorite aircraft. However, coming in second is the A6M2-N "Rufe", which I have already purchased. Trust me, this will be OOB, with nothing special added.

Question: Because the GB "Aircraft in Foreign Service" was extended, what's the new dates for the Favorite Aircraft Build ? Also, my sprayer bit the dust, so it will be hand painted, unless I hit the lottery.

Charles

The Favorite Aircraft Build started some time ago My Friend. So it is running now. The time extention for the "Aircraft in Foreign Service" GB isn't in conflict with that new one.

A PM was sent to you.

hi guys

my first build the sea fury is nearly finished....am doing some tweaking at the moment. I enjoyed it so much I was thinking of doing a second build . Because i am so lacking in originality, and because i love FAA aircraft so much I thought why not build the korean companion to the fury I have nearly finished? I have a Firefly AS6 RN version from airfix just waiting for the right moment, and this seems the right moment....

I dont have the right decals, and neither can i find the right aftermarket decals for the kit to suit RAN service. but I think I have enough spare stuff lying around to get past that. What i dont have are good interior shots, particulalry the observers cockpit. does anyone have photos that might help in thids regard. Not that the airfix kit has much to offer.....doesnt even come with a stick for the cockpit. The canopy glass depicted by airfix is really quite ordinary, so Im not going to make too much effort for the interior, but id like to try a few things. Need the detail though to even attempt a scratch build of the cockpit.

I want to try and fabricate the harness using foil from and aspirin pack, and will build the HUDs from styrene sheet. I have some bits and pieces left over from previous builkds that might pass as pies and wheels for the internals so maybe its worth a go. i also have the front cockpit dash display as a decal from "hi tec" which cost next to nothing. Not as good as a true PE but better than nothing

well i was going to build my fav aircraft of all time as the last of my entry's a short Sunderland flying boat ,i have had this kit for over 20 years and never opened the box,to say i was gutted would be an understatement as on opening the box i found that someone had started it before and several parts were missing as well as one of the wings being damaged and badly filled,as this is going to be a very slow build to correct all the faults and knowing how long it took to built and repair the Lancaster , I've put the kit away for another day and will build a coastal command aircraft instead probably a Halifax

hi guys

my first build the sea fury is nearly finished....am doing some tweaking at the moment. I enjoyed it so much I was thinking of doing a second build . Because i am so lacking in originality, and because i love FAA aircraft so much I thought why not build the korean companion to the fury I have nearly finished? I have a Firefly AS6 RN version from airfix just waiting for the right moment, and this seems the right moment....

I dont have the right decals, and neither can i find the right aftermarket decals for the kit to suit RAN service. but I think I have enough spare stuff lying around to get past that. What i dont have are good interior shots, particulalry the observers cockpit. does anyone have photos that might help in thids regard. Not that the airfix kit has much to offer.....doesnt even come with a stick for the cockpit. The canopy glass depicted by airfix is really quite ordinary, so Im not going to make too much effort for the interior, but id like to try a few things. Need the detail though to even attempt a scratch build of the cockpit.

I want to try and fabricate the harness using foil from and aspirin pack, and will build the HUDs from styrene sheet. I have some bits and pieces left over from previous builkds that might pass as pies and wheels for the internals so maybe its worth a go. i also have the front cockpit dash display as a decal from "hi tec" which cost next to nothing. Not as good as a true PE but better than nothing

I'll look through my photos and can send or post some good detail shots of the CWH Firefly. I might even have some decals for you. 1/72?

Favorite plane is a B-25 but it is pending a new airbrush and from the 13th GB. I will either make my father's second favorite plane, AT-6/SNJ or a WWI pusher plane. The WWI bird is 1/32 scale and twice the cost of the AT-6. I will pick one up this week.

DBII

Your opinions..?

While waiting for further info on the Zlins, am *thinking of* entering the favourites GB with a previously built (and trashed) 1:72 Skyhawk from a mate's attic.

Kit in question is (I think) a Fujimi A-4M Skyhawk, which I have since cleaned and stripped apart for conversion to an RNZAF A-4K.
Most of the undercarriage is missing, forward canopy ruined and one wing warped, but would love to try and get her back in fighting form, and (being a hump-back) in the original snazzy kiwi Earth, Sky, and two-tone Green scheme...

Just an idea at present, but would anyone object?

STA51922.JPG

(Would love to do the 1:32 TA-4J too, but may have to move this year depending on where I can get work. Afraid she'd get trashed on the way)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back