Group Build Entries.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
wayne/daniel are those two aircraft the ones that revell depict in the kits decal sheet ?
as i've just realised the online sheets i've looked at on the revell website are for the 1/32 K-4 :oops:

A question, since I have minimal experience the last 20+ years with models, I still plan to use flattened wheels, not oot decals but aftermarket ones and possibly prepainted instrument panels, how does work with the classes then...? 8) :D

Mate ,heres what come with my kit

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 38
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 38
Ok here ya go Guys...... your reference!:D

Source for Black 16 : Fighter Pictorials Broken Eagles 3 - Bf109G/K part II

Source for Red 7 : Messerschmitt Bf109K First Edition by JaPo

Attachments

• Bf109K-4_Black 16_IV.JG 53.JPG
    Bf109K-4_Black 16_IV.JG 53.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Bf109K-4_Red 7_III.JG 27.JPG
    Bf109K-4_Red 7_III.JG 27.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 63
Much appreciated Wayne!

Karl ,Proberly do the bird from JG 53 ,(if I can get some replacement decals)

sorry it doesn't say the paints need in RLM numbers

it just says

A=ANTHRCITE
B=MATT LIGHT OLIVE
C=MATT LIGHT GREY
D=MATT GREEN
E=OLIVE GREY
F=1.YELLOW 2. CLEAR
G=MATT MOUSE GREY
H=CARMIN RED
I=GREENISH GREY
J=METALLIC GREY

Hope it helps

This, I believe will become one h*ll of a interesting and fun group build...who was it that asked if modelbuilding was educational? 8) :lol:

I tell ya ,You guys are so incredibly helpful:D

Much appreciated Wayne! ,decals for the JG53 bird?

Well, Rochie....been studying the couple of photo's and doin' some reading...while watching Liverpool V Newcastle....

While I don't claim to be an expert on 'reading' B&W photo's Red 7 appears to have a low contrast scheme of probably 81/82 or 81/83 especially on the fuselage, a high contrast scheme of 75/83 would be rather obvious....much like the rudder shows, which just may be a replacement unit in these colours?

The port wing looks to be a lower contrast, bit washed out by the sunlight, than the visible portion of the starboard wing....it is possible that the wings could be 75/83...the aircraft for the most part were made in sub assemblies and were painted as such, then brought together for assembly.

there is one aircraft in the JaPo book that certainly fits this hypothesis.

...and red 7's style of camo probably puts this K-4 in the 331XXX W.Nr. block made in Nov-Dec 1944.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back