H.A.F. Museum

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much!:)
Unfortunately, only a few photos have survived from the build of both the Harvard and the Helldiver. Both constructions have reached to a point just before being painted so I'll be back when I return to these kits during the paint process. Great help has been given to me by the officers on duty in the HAF Museum who let me have easy process on the four planes I have planned to integrate on the big diorama. In the photos which follow you'll notice the scratch built wheel bay area among other things. I have tried to show the exhibits of the museum in the condition they are now so please do not frown at the sight of the neglected SB2C-5 Helldiver cockpit.;)
Things regarding the quality and quantity of the photos will improve in my next post of the cute DH 82A. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

P.S.: Would it be possible to change the title of my topic to ''the Museum'' instead of the Leros hangar part 1 as it is now?
In case you're wondering that is what the ''it's all Greek to me'' signature writes below!:lol:

CeyvbY.jpg

xmYafJ.jpg

HxgpDr.jpg

7RNGUx.jpg

F8DsJa.jpg

IduqaF.jpg

d4QPWJ.jpg

m5cCvY.jpg

4OhlTX.jpg

24xUxP.jpg

5T6fl3.jpg

What a wonderful and impressive work with the details, the clean way of making the scratch pieces (do you get help from a particular tool to achieve that accuracy in different ways? :idea:); I loved the painting of the interiors, the lights and shadows are very good, the seats are beautiful.
What brand of paints / thinners do you use and what did you use for the metallic color of the landing gear bay?
I am an admirer and student of good details; I enjoy very much. =D>
Congratulations for what has been done so far and I will be very attentive to your progress.

Saludos cordiales Maestro
Συγχαρητήρια Δάσκαλε
Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Last edited:
Me too. I'm seeing some of your work pop up on a Facebook page I like.
I guess you refer to the "Japanese ww2 aviation fans" I guess?

the seats are beautiful.
What brand of paints / thinners do you use and what did you use for the metallic color of the landing gear bay?
The seats are of the Harvard exhibit in the position they are now. I was allowed to climb the plane and have a close look at the cockpit. What metallic color are you referring to ? I use only Gunze and Tamiya paints which I thin with the levelling thinner. I use the punch and die set and the Olfa cutter extensively.
Thank you all for your encouraging comments!
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

Thanks for your answers. I could already see that it is white and not metallic (I saw your post from my mobile phone and I thought it was aluminum). :D
Again, congratulations and I will be attentive to your process and news.

Saludos :thumbup:

Thank you for your replies gentlemen!
Before I went on with the DH 82A biplane I had built some of the other exhibits of the HAF Museum such as the salvaged Ju-52 main instrument panel, two bombs that were loaded on the SB2C-5 Helldiver and the GE searchlight which is exposed just outside the hangar. Except for the bombs all the others were built from scratch. It was a nice change from the propelled routine.;)
Fortunately, from the Tiger Moth build on all the wip photos have been saved.
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

eghgur.jpg

CIIaiv.jpg

tCeXVO.jpg

ZbDcY7.jpg

7sUF23.jpg

jIa5sI.jpg

c7TmHx.jpg

mAFKnR.jpg

Agree with all!!
Trabajo impresionante mi amigo!!