Handguns from World Wars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CharlesBronson said:
As long as no one posts any pics of M9 Barrettas and talks about how good they are, they suck, trust me I know.

Any reason in particular for that ?

avanzi2_31(1).jpg

Yes it sucks. I know from first hand, it is my personal weapon. It has no stopping power and they are not very accurate. They also jam all the time no matter how well you keep them up.

Adler is right, the M9 Berretta is not a particularly good pistol, unless you want to spray bullets everywhere as fast as possible. (That its good at)

It has never stopped puzzling me why the U.S. made it their #1 sidearm. The Browning High Power would've been a much better choice.

They also jam all the time no matter how well you keep them up.

That REALLY sucks, the reability must be the major caracteristic in a military/police pistol.

So I have to get alone with mi Bersa.

bersa_thunder_9_40_groove.jpg

DerAdlerIsGelandet said:
It has no stopping power

The 9mm has plenty of stopping power if you know how to use it ;) Usually, in the army, they teach you to always aim for the head, and if you do that the 9mm is just as effective as a .45 or a .50 caliber bullet.

Special forces usually prefer the 9mm, as it shoots faster, is more accurate, and also has better penetrative performance.

Soren said:
It has never stopped puzzling me why the U.S. made it their #1 sidearm. The Browning High Power would've been a much better choice.

The .45 is much better and it is probably what the US Army is going back to.

Soren said:
The 9mm has plenty of stopping power if you know how to use it Usually, in the army, they teach you to always aim for the head, and if you do that the 9mm is just as effective as a .45 or a .50 caliber bullet.

No it does not. That is the chief complain by the forces in our military (including myself) that use the M9 Baretta.

Also the Army does not teach you to shoot at the head. It teaches you to shoot at the torso because you are more likely to hit the person that way. The head is a smaller target to aim at and with the shitty accuracy of the 9mm you are less likely to hit.

The .45 is much better and it is probably what the US Army is going back to.

I disagree, its too heavy, inaccurate, and it shoots all over the place.

No it does not. That is the chief complain by the forces in our military (including myself) that use the M9 Baretta.

Yes it does Adler, trust me, I know. I've seen what happens to a man shot in the head by a 9mm, and I can tell you he drops immediately and he doesnt get back up again.

Also the Army does not teach you to shoot at the head. It teaches you to shoot at the torso because you are more likely to hit the person that way. The head is a smaller target to aim at and with the sh*tty accuracy of the 9mm you are less likely to hit.

I was instructed to aim for the head, and for good reasons. Sidearms are supposed to be used up close, they're not supposed to be a sharpshooters weapon, and up close a 9mm pistol is accurate enough to do the job very effectively.

Btw the 9mm is alot more accurate than the .45 ACP, its just the M9 thats a shitty weapon. ;)

Soren said:
Yes it does Adler, trust me, I know. I've seen what happens to a man shot in the head by a 9mm, and I can tell you he drops immediately and he doesnt get back up again.

How often have you used it in combat. I have used it. TRUST ME I KNOW, when I say I have experience with a 9mm.

Also think about what you just said. You shoot anyone in the head with anything and they are not getting back up. :rolleyes:

Soren said:
I was instructed to aim for the head, and for good reasons. Sidearms are supposed to be used up close, they're not supposed to be a shrapshooters weapon, and up close a 9mm pistol is accurate enough to do the job very effectively.

Yes and the M9 is a terrible shot even up close. I am an expert shooter when it comes to side arms. I have plenty of time shooting them and the M9 sucks!

Soren said:
Btw the 9mm is alot more accurate than the .45 ACP, its just the M9 thats a sh*tty weapon. ;)

I can not speak for other 9mm however the .45 is more accurate than the M9 once you get used to shooting it.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
How often have you used it in combat. I have used it. TRUST ME I KNOW, when I say I have experience with a 9mm.

I have never used the M9 in actual combat, and i would refuse ever to do so, but its not the round it fires which is the problem, its the gun itself.

Also think about what you just said. You shoot anyone in the head with anything and they are not getting back up. :rolleyes:

Yes, and thats exactly why you don't need to be armed with a bloody 'cannon' to be effective up close. The 9mm is ideal for combat up close, its got low recoil and its accurate, what more do you need ?

Im not saying you could use a .22LR of-cause, as its only effective when your REALLY close, AKA too close ;)

Yes and the M9 is a terrible shot even up close. I am an expert shooter when it comes to side arms. I have plenty of time shooting them and the M9 sucks!

I fully agree.

I can not speak for other 9mm however the .45 is more accurate than the M9 once you get used to shooting it.

Try the Browning High Power, I'm sure you'll love it.

Soren said:
I have never used the M9 in actual combat, and i would refuse ever to do so, but its not the round it fires which is the problem, its the gun itself.

That is my point exactly, I know the M9 and I know how bad it sucks. Why you wish to argue with me about my experiences with the weapon, I shall never understand. ;)

Soren said:
The 9mm is ideal for combat up close, its got low recoil and its accurate, what more do you need ?

And again I am saying that the M9 (why you keep talking about other 9mm, I do not know) is not accurate and you have a good chance of missing your target even at close range. I know this from experience, and why you wish to argue with me about it, I shall never understand. ;)

I was arguing the fact that you said it had no stopping power, which it has. (Too bad one just can't hit with the M9 :D )

No sorry but 75 percent of the US Army and myself cant be wrong when we all say it does not have stopping power.

The M9 shoots the 9mm parabellum round, and that round is more than enough up close, you can easily stop a man with it, EASILY. That the M9 can't hit a 9 foot barn door at point blank is another matter entirely.

How would you know?

Anyway having used the Beretta I can agree with Adler its a peice of shit, but lets remeber that sidearms are really just a decorative acessory for officers, now pilots and SF are a different story however.

Soren said:
No sorry but 75 percent of the US Army and myself cant be wrong when we all say it does not have stopping power.

The M9 shoots the 9mm parabellum round, and that round is more than enough up close, you can easily stop a man with it, EASILY. That the M9 can't hit a 9 foot barn door at point blank is another matter entirely.

Yes Soren you are correct. I am wrong. All of my experiences are invalid based on your book knowledge. I am sorry that I use a 9mm M9 as my primary weapon, however do not know my weapon or the effectiveness of it. I bow down to you and your infininate wisdom. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back