Harry Potter fans

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh, God, someone else who feels as I do! I DESPISE "Leet-speak" and with modern word processing programs there is no excuse for bad spelling or grammar. (who would have thought that a Californian - home of "hey, dude..." - would be a proponent of the Queen's English??)

I no longer feel quite so alone in cyberspace...!
Of all places, California has quite the diversity of "English" because of the influx of "transplants" (as we call it) that flood into the state from all over the country (and world).

When I was a child, I was terribly dyslexic and it caused me great difficulties. My Mother had a friend of the family tutor me both in written and spoken English. He was a retired professor of English, Oxford University.
As a result, I am able, when pressed, to speak the "King's English" as he called it back then.

Oddly enough she speaks it with a Russian accent. But there is a hint of British/Irish accent present; maybe because I'm of Irish decent?
My Fiance's English is interesting. She learned English during the late 70's while Bulgaria was still Communist and it almost seems to be a mixture of British and American English. Of course she speaks it with a heavy Bulgarian accent, so it sounds cool no matter what :lol:

:thegraduate:English is a fantastically rich and diverse language.
I love looking up descriptive words rather than just use **** to describe everything....:hiding:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back