Prince Harry

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's because you don't spell it correctly - it's humour! (Sorry, couldn't resist...you have to admit you left a pretty open target on that one!) :)

I would offer to explain but somehow that always fails to result in mirth just more confused headshaking. Methinks I'll quit while I'm ahead...or behind...whatever!

I DID spell it that way but freaking auto-correct.......!!!!!

Ah, the delights of auto correction...Microsoft wants to make every word American English. :(

'The Royal Family has to be the biggest tourist dollar spinner in Britain. Other than old churches, old airfields and old aeroplanes, what else would people go to the UK for if not to 'experience' the Royal Family and buy a tacky trinket to take home?'

Good question Why do Americans, Australians, New Zealanders, Canadians flock to our shores?
I have been pondering this over lunch... apart from the obvious blood links family history there are many reasons...

The Pub.
Queuing and the art of patience.
Football.
Our ironic sense of humour.
Historical places. Glastonbury legends etc.
Rain.
Double decker buses.
The history of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. (best not say too much about that)
Highgate Cementry.
The White Cliffs.
IWM Duxford. The BoBMF.

The list is endless...
You are all welcomed here.

Good question Why do Americans, Australians, New Zealanders, Canadians flock to our shores?

because sometimes we just need to get out of the sun...

omegaman3.jpg

Yeah, who wants dry weather and sun, with all those girls in skimpy dresses, every one being sun tanned and happy?
Can't have that, the Government would increase our Taxes - again!

The full hour argument plus an argument in my own time please :)

Oh, so now you want to argue on your own terms??? Well, you're not having any of that...certainly not on my watch!!! More than my job's worth etc etc etc!!!

Fancy popping over to see the fun?

Nothing would give me more pleasure. Missing Blighty a lot right now. Alas, the pennies don't stretch far enough to cover the air fare. Maybe one day I'll find a good excuse for work to send me home...somewhere fun like King's Lynn or Hereford! :)

Last edited:
Haang on just a minute....

Didnt Harry dress up in Nazi uniform? It was deemed ok as he was getting in touch with his German roots.

He did, but Harry is just a young man full of spirit ( unlike Charles)...the uniform incident was unfortunate agreed.

'Oh, so now you want to argue on your own terms??? Well, you're not having any of that...certainly not on my watch!!! More than my job's worth etc etc etc!!!

'Nothing would give me more pleasure. Missing Blighty a lot right now. Alas, the pennies don't stretch far enough to cover the air fare. Maybe one day I'll find a good excuse for work to send me home...somewhere fun like King's Lynn or Hereford!'

Once an Englishman always an Englishman.
Arguements are an artform aren't they.
The footbal league awaits with the joy, sorrow and do you mind if I don'ts as Plymouth Argyle soar and crash... The stress levels in my house are immense on a Saturday. :)
The good matchs are against our real rivals, Exeter City and the enemy in Portsmouth...it'll be good.
To good to miss...
Book a cheapie flight now, you know you want too...

" ... Didn't Harry dress up in Nazi uniform? It was deemed ok as he was getting in touch with his German roots."

Oh come on now, be honest.... :) Who amongst us hasn't been temped - at one time or another - by the impecable fit, finish and form of a German uniform ...? :)

German Waffen SS Uniforms

Shucks ... a Canadian Prime Minister to-be, named Trudeau, roared around Montreal in the early years of the war on his motorcycle sporting a spikey WW1 hemet from the Fatherland. His son - God save the boy and the country - wants to be Prime Minister too just like his Daddy. And this isn't politics ....... its dynasties ..... and we all know dynasties are above mere politics. :) Right Mods ..? :)

So ... I'd not be too hard on Harry .... he didn't ask to be born. The real question is ... does he have our/your back ....?

MM

Last edited:
The British military has a fine tradition in bad-taste humour, indeed bad-taste fancy-dress parties were a common occurrence when I was in the mob. Harry isn't the first young man to do something embarrassing under the affluence of incohol and he won't be the last. I well remember one particular Oktoberfest at Honington....

Actually, I'd best not go any further on that one for fear of being barred for life! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back