Harry Potter fans

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Anyone here a Harry Potter fan? I confess....I am 53 years old and have watched the movies at least 20 times each and am reading the books again, for the fourth go around.

Sad I know but what the heck.......:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Jeff

I read the first 3 books, but never read the others. I've seen all the movies with my daughters and they were all good. From time to time I'll watch movies 1 - 4 but the others don't really interest me much.

Started my watching the movies with my kids then read all the books when we bought them for the kids. It's a wonderful series and I've reread quite a few of them and ended up getting the audio book version of the whole series (Which was very well done and I think even better then the books). I got a big laugh though when we were watching the Lord of the Rings movies and one of my kids accused them of steeling plot elements from Harry Potter.

The books were fantastic and the Movies did them dang well justice. But the last book in the series you could tell that the author was tired of the series and just wanted to be done with it. There was no "magic" in the writing by Rowling anymore and you could see she wanted to move on to something else.

Reminded me of the Who after Who are You album. Contractual obligations must be filled you know to recompense those high dollar book advancements.

Yet I too have watched the Harry Potter Movies. Over and over. Wonderful stuff they are.

I watched them all too, and they are enduring family favourites.
The best one, in my opinion, was the first and they got darker and more confusing as the series progressed.
I see that there is too be another Harry Potter film... maybe the original cast may be a little old now?

Mmmm, my wife is a fan, but not me, although she's forced me to endure watching the movies with her. Lord of the Rings, now there's a book that I can truly say I'm glad they made it into a movie! Started reading the trilogy when the films came out, but gave up mid way through the second book; it was like sinking into quicksand.

The Hobbit is a better book to read I think...
Is anyone a Gormenghast /Titus Groan/ Titus alone by Peak fan?
They are great feats of imagination.

The Hobbit is a better book to read I think...
Is anyone a Gormenghast /Titus Groan/ Titus alone by Peak fan?
They are great feats of imagination.

I've read all the Harry Potter books -- we've got all seven volumes (and two copies of one of them -- both daughters needed their own copy ;)) and saw some of the movies.

I think the books were all quite good. I also think the story behind JK Rowling -- single mother on welfare getting a book published through the transom -- was good for another book ;)

Read the books at least twice (re-read them all once the final book came out to just roll through them 1-7). Also seen the movies multiple times. Do enjoy both, would be nice to have some more from after with the kids of the series but I guess not much else to write about.

I watched them all too, and they are enduring family favourites.
The best one, in my opinion, was the first and they got darker and more confusing as the series progressed.
I see that there is too be another Harry Potter film... maybe the original cast may be a little old now?

Off shoot of the series. Set 70 years before Potter from what I've read so far.

'Saw a car license-plate "H POTTER" in the local CVS parking lot today. Thought it would be too weird to photograph it as the people where in the car. So there's that then... '

You would probably get shot Captain :)

I know my street cred once went up for a short while with the children in my wife's class of 10 year olds. They overheard her telling one of the other teachers that I had flown a Nimbus one weekend and the story grew. Eventually I had to do a short talk for the class on the difference between a Nimbus 4 and a Nimbus 2000.
They were not impressed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back