hawker tempest (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
another old kit by revell dated from 1962

bob534.jpg

bob525.jpg

bob527.jpg

1st i joined the fuselage,the rear tail plane is in one piece and slides in as the fuselage is joined together

bob530.jpg

next the wings were joined on

bob528.jpg

bob536.jpg

bob531.jpg

bob550.jpg

bob554.jpg

bob555.jpg

bob558.jpg

the work on this one has been over the last 3 nights still a bit more detailing to do but again this kit went together very well,my only comment would be that the rivits on the panels are too heavy

A lot of the older kits are like this with over exaggerated details, but can be made good by giving them a light sanding to remove them which improves the scale look. If you are able to get hold of some Micro Sol decal setting solution you may be able to repair the wing roundels which have silvered badly. Make a very small pin hole in the blue part of the decal (won't be so obvious there) then paint a small amount of the Micro sol on getting it to go under the decal. The decals will then crinkle up which is what is supposed to happen and as they dry will flatten and conform to the surface much better than they do at present. A coat of Future floor polish before and after decal application will help them adhere far better and seal them in preventing damage once they are in place. Then a coat of matt varnish will give you the appropriate finish.

thanks for the tip,i've found a little modeling shop nearby and i'm hoping they will have some of the materials i have seen used on this site up until now i've only had my old modeling tools/paints etc some over 30 years old to use as all the local modeling shops i used to use have all long gone

Yep I have the same problem the nearest model shop with a decent range is now 60 miles away

Another one which brings back memories! I think that was maybe my first Revell kit, after many, many Airfix ones, back in about 1963. A bit late now, but note that Tempests were not armed with RPs during WW2 - don't know why Revell included them.

Thats just me Dirk,once i start something i have to finish it as quickly/clean and tidy as possable,if i slow down i lose interest,its only my cars and Leaded Lights that i take time with proberly because its my living

Users who are viewing this thread

Back