Hawker Typhoon IB "Nicky" 439 Squadron RCAF 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

HI Guys,

Thanks to all for your comments. Things have been moving a bit slow but I was able to finish the seat and harness. I will post some pics in the next day or so. I am presently posting from work on my lunch hour. I want to get the cockpit in and the fuselage together so I can begin filling all the gaps and start working on the intake.

Cheers for now.
Dave.

Last edited:
The cockpit seat is now complete and ready for installation. I dirtied up the belts and the seat itself with washes and dry brushing. I wanted to have them look well worn instead of looking like they were just freshly installed. The harness in the photo of Fraser looks pretty dirty and well handled too not only by the pilot and but also by the ground crew.

IMG_0386a_400.JPG

IMG_0409a400.JPG

IMG_0390a_400.JPG

IMG_0412a500.JPG

Last edited:
Looking good there Dave. BTW, the harness in the photo of Fraser is a rather grubby, darker webbing, (normally a off-white colour) seat-type parachute harness, not the seat harness.

Thanks Guys,

I was going for the well worn look. My thinking was the people that handled these belts specifically the pilot and ground crew would probably have fairly dirty gloves or hands this would rub off on the belts.

Next up was the cockpit itself. I managed to get the cockpit in minus the seat of course which will go in last. I dry fitted the fitted the fuselage halves and everything went together okay. The Fuselage has some fit issues along the top. When I get the fuselage together I will show where these fit issues are.

Here are some shots.

IMG_0427A_400.JPG
IMG_0423a_400.JPG

IMG_0421a_400.JPG
IMG_0416a_400.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0422a_400.JPG
    IMG_0422a_400.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back