Hawker Typhoon IB "Nicky" 439 Squadron RCAF 1/48 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

Just a small update. I worked on the landing gear and got them painted up.
I used Vallejo Panzer Uniform black ( I love this colour) for the wheels as it looks very close to scale terms of the colour of tires.
Just have to do a bit of high lighting on the landing gear covers and they will be complete.

IMG_0504a700.JPG

Last edited:
Guys,

The painting is coming together. I got the underside done and ID panels on the wings.
I first based coated the underside then added shadows and highlights. I also got the top side done as well but it needs some touch ups due to some over spray in some areas.
I will post some more pics soon.

IMG_0518a700.JPG

IMG_0519b700.JPG

IMG_0520a700.JPG

IMG_0518a800b.JPG

Last edited:
Nice work so far. Don't know if it's included in the painting instructions (I haven' checked mine, and usually find Hasegawa and Tamiya inaccurate with RAF aircraft), but the trunking from the radiator was normally bare metal (silver).
The air bottles in the wheel wells were normally black, although I have seen one photo only, where they were a lighter colour, possibly grey/green. The yellow colour is an American I.D. colour for oxygen, not used at that time by British organisations or Forces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back