Heading Out

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well guys it was a really good interview and I will find out on Monday.

Have a lot of discussing to do with my wife though because this job is in a very expensive location and my wife would have to stay in Germany to finish her college.

Oh well we will see...

I am leaning toward something of that nature at the moment Erich. Got a lot of thinking and talking to do this weekend.

Good. But yeah, Denmark is the most expensive place in Europe, I think. København, especially...

Yes this area is very very expensive and even though pay was really good I dont know if I want to pay for a place for me to live up there and still have to pay for the place for my wife to live here while she finishes school. Plus then food for 2 people, gas for 2 people, and the cost to come home each weekend.

I think I will continue to work for the government on the military post I am at and continue to search for aircraft employment closer to home.

I dont want to work and not save anything.

Der Adler, I think you're making the right choice. The money might be nice and it can help with the short term goals but what price tag do you put on being with your loved ones? The last two years I worked for Northwest Airlines I had to transfer to Detroit to keep my job. Luckily three of my friends and I split a two bedroom apartment and I flew Nonrev (sort of like Space-A) for free in coach but eventhough the money was nice and I cranked in plenty of overtime I was still missing out on the day to day events of my little granddaughters life (my wife and I are raising her. Have been since she was 31/2 months old). I went through all that family separation crap when I was in the Navy and I decided enough was enough so I quit NWA and spend lots more quality time with her and my wife. Life's too short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back