Hello from Dover, DE

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

HookerTF160

Airman
Nov 30, 2008
East coast
Greetings everyone. I`m a 45 yo guy with a lifelong love of aviation, and in particular, WW2 aircraft. Although I no longer work in the industry,(I miss it a lot), I have an A&P license and was an enlisted aircrew member on CH and MH-47`s in the Army. Great site you have here, I look forward to learning more about this fascinating period of aviation.

Thanks,
Tom

Hello Tom,

Greetings form Poland and welcome to the forum.Stay with us longer , please don't be one post member and enjoy.:D

Thanks for the warm (and quick) welcome. I have to say that it is amazing that people from Poland and the UK were the first to welcome me, as these two lands are where my family roots are....thanks again.

Hi Tom. Welcome to the forum. I get up to Dover about twice a year, to go
to "the downs". I usually stay at Dover AFB, as I am retired Navy. Maybe
we could get together for dinner some time.

Charles

Ah! So you're a British Pole, or is it a Polish Brit!!? Enjoy the place, it's a nice world-wide 'family'.

Where you with the 160th? Campbell or Hunter? I am a former US Army Blackhawk Crew Chief. I used to want to go 160th but never did. I have a few friends with the 160th at Campbell and Hunter though.

Hello, yes I was with them from `83 to `90 at Campbell. It was an awesome experience and one that I`ll always treasure....many good times and interesting missions. I sure do miss it a lot.

Hello, yes I was with them from `83 to `90 at Campbell. It was an awesome experience and one that I`ll always treasure....many good times and interesting missions. I sure do miss it a lot.

I miss the crewing as well. I am an A&P and still work at the same airfield that I crewed out of here in Germany as a civilian. Every time a Hawk flies by, I get a bit sentimental. :lol:

I miss the crewing as well. I am an A&P and still work at the same airfield that I crewed out of here in Germany as a civilian. Every time a Hawk flies by, I get a bit sentimental. :lol:

I did the same thing after I ETS`d. I worked for Dyncorp at Campbell and Saudi Arabia. Being sentimental myself, I know exactly what you mean. I only see a few Chinooks a year, but actually get choked up at times.

Again, thanks everyone for welcoming me. I`ve been poking around the site and feel like a kid in a candy store :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back