Hello from Michigan!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jester63

Airman
Nov 19, 2010
Three Rivers, MI
Hey, Everyone! My name is Justin. I am new here, and look forward to reading, and learning all of the massive amounts of information here, and getting to know everyone! I love Model building. I am more into naval vessels, but love to put together aircraft also. I was so excited to find this site. I have been looking for a site like this!

I have loved World War 2 history since I was just a young boy. Mainly because my Grandfather was a Fighter pilot. He was part of the 40th FS/35th FG/5th Airforce. He started out in P-39 Aircobras, and later moved into the P-47 "JUG" Thunderbolt. He was stationed in New Guinea from early 1942 - late '44.

Anyways, just thought I would stop by, and introduce myself. :)

Last edited:
sign0016.gif

G'day Justin nice to have you drop by, welcome to the forum and I hope you'll show us some of your work from time to time.

Hello again everyone! Thank you all for the welcoming! :D I do plan to show some of my modeling eventually, but I have to warn you, it is nowhere near the quality of all your fine models, that I have viewed so far on here! There are some amazing model builds in the gallery! Very impressive. I have yet to attempt any weathering of my kits. Never have really known how to do it. :( I hope you all can show me the art of weathering, so that eventually I can make my models look as some of yours! :)

I do have some photos of my grandfather, but will have to get them scanned first. Also I have some stories that he shared with me. Is this the proper place to post them? Or is there a thread for such stories? Again I thank you all for your warm welcome, and look forward to sharing and hearing many stories from you all! :D

Hi Justin and welcome to the family

Users who are viewing this thread

Back