Hello im the new guy!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tim Heath

Recruit
Mar 24, 2012
Worcestershire, England.
Hello everyone ive just joined what looks to be a fantastic WW2 aviation forum here! So i would like to say hello to everyone and start off by asking if anyone knows any information at all on the P38 Lightning of 7th Photo Recce Group based at Mount Farm in England and piloted by Jack Tuggle Jameson that crashed on 31st December 1944 killing the pilot. I have a propeller blade from this crash recovered by a member of the Severnside Aviation Society back in the 1980's. I just bought it yesterday evening as it has been in this chaps shed for last 20 years! I bought it for £100! Anyway, cheers everyone and best regards.

Welcome to the forum, and good catch getting the prop blade! I don't think I have any info on the aircraft or pilot involved, but probably have some colour pics of the P38s at Mount Farm, if you're interested.

Welcome to the forum, and good catch getting the prop blade! I don't think I have any info on the aircraft or pilot involved, but probably have some colour pics of the P38s at Mount Farm, if you're interested.

Thanks so much and i would be pleased to see some of your photos-brilliant!! Cheers Tim.

Welcome Tim. I did a quick search in this site...8th Air Force Fighter Group - Littlefriends.co.uk and couldn't find A jack Jameson KIA or any aircraft lost that day with the 7th. It's a great site and you might have better luck doing a more extensive search there. Good luck.

Geo

I think i may have the date wrong which is why things dont tally??? The owner of the prop was sure it was 31st Dec 44 but he might be wrong so will have to do some proper research and check with the archives in the USA. Cheers loads though. Tim.

Leave it with me Tim, and I'll scan the pics and post them here. Hopefully within he next day or two.

A bit later than intended, but here are the pics of P-38s at Mount Farm, scanned from Roger Freeman's 'Mighty Eighth in Colour'.

Attachments

• Can Jan 581.jpg
    Can Jan 581.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Can Jan 582.jpg
    Can Jan 582.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 138
  • Can Jan 583.jpg
    Can Jan 583.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Can Jan 584.jpg
    Can Jan 584.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Can Jan 585.jpg
    Can Jan 585.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 136
You're welcome Tim. If you want the brief information accompanying each picture, just shout.
Cheers,
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back