Hello?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mandoman

Airman 1st Class
Jan 29, 2006
corn contry USA
I feel kind of stupid, guys. I've been part of this forum for two years, and didn't even know I was suppose to introduce myself. According to my profile, I'm even a senior member, and that comes as an even greater surprise. :oops: If someone could explain that, I would appreciate it. :profileleft:

When I first joined, I was just looking for pics of WWII multi-engine aircraft, but then realized that many of the members are actually pilots, or had something to do with the real machines. It scared me away, as I have never flown a plane, nor have I served in the military, though I did sign up for the draft back in 1981. One of the moderators e-mailed me a few weeks later, and asked why I joined if I wasn't going to even visit the site, so I told him what I just told you, and he said to come on along for the ride, as it didn't matter how experienced I was, as long as I liked the subject. Been popping in every little bit since.

My dad was a machine gun mechanic, serving in Italy during WWII. He serviced mainly P-38s, and a couple other models now and then. He has told me many stories of his experience of the war, including some flights that he heard some of the pilots at his base discussing. His brother also served as a dogface, and my dad told of some his exploits as well. He even told me a couple of stories that had been passed down from when his grandfather had served in the Civil War.

Why am I into WWII planes? My dad inspired, is all I can think. I express my enjoyment of the subject building 1/48 models of mostly multi-engined aircraft, and some single engine fighters.

I live in Iowa, USA, and the town is so small that I won't bother to even mention the name. I have already posted a few comments, mostly not worth the effort, and I have pics of my models posted in "My Files" of the aircraft I have built. Besides that, I mess with HO slotcars, race in a 1/32 slotcar club, dabble in RCs, and play mandolin in a bluegrass band.

Kind of late, but hello to all. It's been a great time just reading the posts, and looking at the pics. :D

Welcome nonetheless mandoman....I'm sure that it's quite a few here, that's not that different from you... So, as already mention, enjoy the ride! 8)

Posting more than 100 times will make you a senior, I believe. Don't worry about your experience. You can always just ask :) Well anyway, welcome and please post more

Thanks, I was wondering if it were something like that.

Thorlifter;I'd say welcome, but you already know your welcome here! ha

Yeah, I know. You really are a great bunch of guys, which makes this a fairly rare forum. Love your posts, especially on models, so keep them coming. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back