Help with Humbrol colours (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bullo Loris

Senior Airman
Oct 14, 2006
Hi mates,

my next model will be Nieuport 28, Revell 1/72 scale and after will be RE 8 (I started with WWI serie planes), my question I want to do the Nieuport 28 of the Swiss air force, I need an help, wath number of colours I need for do this camouflage (see the pictur), the decals are easy because there is only the Swiss flag...

WINGS PALETTE - Nieuport 28 - Switzerland

Best thanks, regards.

Loris

I think it is quite easy painting scheme.The front part of the fuselage was of silver ( aluminium) color - Humbrol 11 or 56. The rest of surfaces was of the canvas colour - Humbrol 74 ( Linen ).

Attachments

• Humbrol 74.jpg
    Humbrol 74.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Thanks there are 3 types of camouflage...

1) this I think its the normal silver or not?

2) I dont know what green is it...wurger could you help me?

Regards.

Loris

Ad 1) I think yes it is.But you have to know that the silever paint was obtained by mixing gloss dope with the aluminium dust.All metal parts of Nieuport aircraft were of the natural metal ( bare metal) colour.These were preserved with either the clear dope or with the dope+silver dust mixture.As a result these planes looked like being painted silver-grey paint.Especially on surfaces covered with canvas.

Ad 2) It is difficult to say what green paint could be used.This is a plane used in your country and you should have known better than me.However the Nieuport was used in 20's so it might have been one of French green colours. I think it might have been Khaki - FS 14052 ( 5*Hu:91 + 2*Hu:75 + 2*Hu:108 ) or something like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back