Hi from a limey!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I joined a while ago but can't remember saying hello. So forgive me if I bore you with it again! In a way I started my service in 1944 when I left school and got a job as a naval messenger on the Grimsby naval base HMS Beaver. That lasted till September 1945. Then did a few years french polishing and repairing piano's. Came 1948 and national service loomed, two years in the Royal Artillery Ack Ack. Demobbed in 1950 and three months later was in the Royal Air Force. Trained as an electrical mechanic and ended up on 617 Squadron (dam busters) keeping Avro Lincolns flying. Then just as we got the EE Canberra, I went on a fitters course for my promotion. We took the Canberra's to Malaya, dropping thousand pounders on the terrs. After leaving the RAF, I worked for a firm producing oven ready duckling. I am now retired (I should think so at 78!!!) I now put time in at the local Aviation Museum and help my wife breeding miniature poodles. Phew! Done.
If youve heard it all before, my appologies!

Ken
PS. I did seven years as a Special Constable, so watch it!!!

Hi Ken:

If you stay active, you will garner the title of the oldest "active" member.
I am only 74..... but I am "active". Other names mention come and go,
but do not stay active.

Welcome to the forum.... [Relinquishing title]

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back