Hi from new member in Scotland

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From this entrenched digger fellow, from way....down under,
sign0016.gif
back Liz, hope you stick around this time.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Nice to see you back. If you hear a Swedish accent in your neck of the woods, beware! It might be Jan (Lucky) - he's in the same city!!

Thank you all for the welcome back. I work at the University in Glasgow and will watch out for Jan on my travels around the city!!

I'm going to carry on with my wee project of transcribing the ORBs for 101 and I will check back here regularly.

I'll be doing further research about 101 squadron (currently reading a large tome about Lancasters) but also about my dad (a mechanical engineer in WW2) who landed in Normandy on D-Day +4 with the Canadians (he was in the Middlesex Regiment) and went through Belgium and Holland before ending up in north Germany; and my grandfather, captain in the Merchant Navy, who was torpedoed by U-37 off the African coast early in the war; also my gt aunt who was in the WAAF and was with SHAEF HQ in nothwest Europe from not long after D-Day. She spent time in Paris and then in Germany.

I know you're mainly about WW2 aircraft on this site but it is an area I know nothing about other than the dabbling I've done while trying to find out more about 101 and Ludford Magna, so I won't bore you further with my excuses for only dipping in and out ...

Cheers!

Liz

PS - Once I've got more of the ORBs for 101 transcribed, I'll put a link in here to let you know where they can be located on the web.

Hi Liz, and welcome from me in Denmark. Good to see another female here. :thumbleft:
Never mind the lads, they're alright...once their nurses remember to feed 'em the proper medication. ;) *ducks and runs for cover* :D

Cheers,

Maria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back