Hi! I like all things WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JimmyS1985

Recruit
Dec 27, 2010
Hi I am absolutely infatuated with WWII and every so often, I find out something new about it that absolutely blows my mind. (One of my recommendations being, look up the Mechelen incident on Wikipedia if you want to see an example of a civillian pilot accidentally cutting off fuel to his airplane can have huge implications on nations and the course of history)

I build model planes, so far Ive done a 48th scale minicraft P-38 albeit not a great job, now Im working on a Monogram B-17 in 1/48th scale.

I have about $1500 in flight simulation hardware for my pc, Im thinking I will post pics of in the video game forum, because I am very proud of my setup and it offers the most immersion that you can get while sitting at a PC/Desktop setup without having a Simpit, g-vest or a motion-flight simulator.

I am very anxious for Battle of Britain: Storm of War to come out and have caught the fever AGAIN in hopes that maybe this will be the year that it finally comes out and is not another case of vaporware where all we get is promises that it will be next year that it comes out. I tried IL2 Sturmovik but could not get it patched up for online play using newer O/S's.

Waiting for SOW myself. And Waiting, and waiting, and waiting....

The thing has been promised longer than it took for the US to fight WW2.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Good place, hope you enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back